While working on a promised summary page to lay out the basics of my approach to food and fitness, I've been lax in making regular postings. But, there's still lots of great stuff out there. Here's some of it to keep you busy.
- Doc Eades and Jimmy Moore both take on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines Board which, no doubt, will again tell you that you need to "eat more whole grains, less fat, and get more exercise." It's the approach that has led America to unprecedented levels of obesity and diabetes over these last decades, but at least Big Agra is going to be pleased.
- Scott the Modern Forager does a post on Vitamin D, and a three-part series on A, D, E and K: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
- Jimmy Moore gives short reviews of 14 diet and health books.
- Cardiologist William Davis gives the scoop on LDL and HDL, and then talks about Crestor, the JUPITER study, and c-reactive protein (CRP) — and then how to reduce it.
- Mike OD gives you the scoop on personal trainers.
- Dr. John Briffa gives you the ins & outs of the omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acid ratio and how getting it from the 20-30:1 in the average western diet to the 1-3:1 ratio of the ancestral diet just might yield a whole bunch of benefits including inducing a 28% increase in fat burning while in a fasted state.
- Zen to Fitness runs down Laird Hamilton's Top 10 Nutrition Tips.
Wish I had time for more, but that should do for now.