_ap_ufes{"success":true,"siteUrl":"freetheanimal.com","urls":{"Home":"http://freetheanimal.com","Category":"http://freetheanimal.com/blog-admin","Archive":"http://freetheanimal.com/2014/07","Post":"http://freetheanimal.com/2014/07/over-easy-omelet.html","Page":"http://freetheanimal.com/advertising-product-service","Nav_menu_item":"http://freetheanimal.com/2014/07/subscribe.html","Content_ad_widget":"http://freetheanimal.com/?content_ad_widget=widget-2-5x118"}}_ap_ufee

Bits & Pieces: Life in the Human Zoo

Well this was bound to happen eventually

Over the last couple of days I was, at first, dumbfounded and then at once, on a mission;  and then idle. I had decided to post about a certain "new thing" where instead of snorting cocaine -- "the other white powder" -- one "uses" white sugar and...it's all the latest rage. Well, at least it is in the niche community where being 180 degrees different is defined as "healthy": It's all about being different. Don't forget the leader. Being too different requires it. Enough. I dropped the idea. See alexa.com. Not pretty. Nevertheless, inviolable.

Well...well. Well, you ought very well know if you've been here any of much time that I go far beyond the body sometimes. I delve into the animal mind (humans are animals). I watch wild animals on YouTube a lot, just to remind me of what an animal behaves like, one that's wild and not in a zoo. And one needs reminding. Because there are few examples in the concrete, faux jungles run by human tamers. So I haven't a clue by watching domesticated human animals what a wild human animal is supposed to really be like. Yea, I know; there's an euphemism. They call them "civilized."

Question: civilized by whom?

We already know what a "civilized" body looks like. How come nobody stops and points out what a "civilized" mind thinks like; y'know, that space occupied by culture, conditioning, religion, conditioning, schooling, conditioning, politics, conditioning and society and conditioning?

I could give examples all day, but here's two that I just happened to be exposed to today.

...So what if you come up with some hard-to-acquire and necessarily hard-to reproduce trinket that you, friends, family and trading partners think is all just dandy between alls of youz? And then you use it as a medium of exchange -- the definition of money -- and you're all happy, hunky & dory?

Stop: You're not a wild human animal with the latitude to do such things. This is the "Land of the Free," home of the domesticated Zoo Animal!

Starting A New Currency is “Domestic Terrorism”

This weekend, a North Carolina man was convicted of minting and circulating “Liberty Dollars” and “Ron Paul Dollars” that were valued based on the gold and silver they contained. The man, Bernard von NotHaus, now faces up to 25 years in prison and the forfeiture of $7 million worth of gold and silver that was taken by police in a raid

Land of the Free!!! Shuwheeet!!! ...Well and Ahhhem...there was no fraud, underhanded dealing, or counterfeiting of the currency he was competing against -- which is to say, against the U.S. perpetually inflationary currency. They were tokens with actual gold and silver in them, making them attractive to many who pay attention to such things and actually, a very competitive hedge against the pure fiat money we use. That is, its value is based roughly on reciprocity, rather than edict and force (see the link).

But fuck all that. Move along; nothing to see here. They used a magic word. He's a terrorist. You can relax now. Back to your cave. Feeding is at noon.

No questions. Anyway, see Stossel if you want the full scoop on that.

And so...Barry Bonds.

Four years ago he got himself wrapped up with a Grand Jury. See, there's Zoo implicitness in the word "Grand." It's rather like edifice in general. Y'Know, marble pillars, elevated benches, former law school has beens in black silk robes, naked and masturbating underneath.

These are your Zoo Bars.

Essentially, it's a bunch of people usually not at all like your "peers," i.e., they are are whores of the Zoo State, and that's plenty payment enough. The queer thing about human intelligence is that they can switch from Zoo inhabitant to Zoo keeper at will. ...It's the perceived power hard-on over others that then becomes their prison. I would advise: Just don't dot it.

So Barry Bonds is at trial and from what I peripherally gather, not because he harmed anyone, is going to harm anyone, or anything remotely like that.

Lemme guess: Barry Bonds is standing trail because steroid use was not illegal. Now, I'm happy to be corrected by legal scholars with Master's Degrees and juris doctorates in Zoo Human Legality, but it seems to me that if steroid use had been illegal, he could have simply claimed a right against self incrimination way back in "Grand" times and then they would have had to try to get him for actual steroid use.

So, because it wasn't illegal and he was too embarrassed, thought it was no "Grand" business, a private matter to tell or talk all about it -- or how many times he masturbates per week -- he goes to jail for the "crime" of lying about it.

Only in a Zoo. Feeding is at 6, right after the 5 O'clock News and Conditioning Hour.

The Zoo Masters, now using Zoo Human Laws in advancement of their lust and arousal for predation, can't get him for using some sort of supplement, because it wasn't illegal. But they so need to get him, because the Zoo Humans love it when the Zoo Masters take someone down who has a lot of things and who many Zoo Humans like. Zoo Humans hate it when another human gets extra feedings and gets to stay up late. It doesn't matter how you get him, just get him. Less feeding, earlier lights out, different, smaller cage.

Totally legit. For Zoo Law.

Lights out at 10.

You can stay up to 11 if you're a good Zoo Human and Tweet and Facebook this to all the other Zoo Humans.

Comments

1. One should never become to successful, others will hate you for it. Example: Gaius Julius Caesar

• Jean Finet says:

Well, yes, Gaius Julius Caesar was successful – a general successful at conquering, killing and looting other people in distant lands, and he was also a successful politician. I’m not sure he would be the best example to use for your point. IMO, he got what he gave and what was coming to him.

• Alternatively you could say he was ahead of his time, and that he was killed for not running with the pack.

• Jean Finet says:

In what way was he ahead of his time? He was emulating Alexander the “Great” – another conqueror, looter and criminal, of whom he was a great admirer; he had his own pack of thieves and scoundrels fighting for him.

He was a victim of the gang warfare as it existed at that time in Rome which was created when he basically invaded the city after his conquests in Gaul; he was killed in a struggle over who would control the political power in Rome.

Nothing really admirable about the man that I can see. Just another power-hungry and violent politician.

• He was ahead of his time, because apparently the time was ripe for a dictator to stand up. So although he was killed for trying to be one, the senate crowned Octavianus a dictator less than 20 years later.

What is so admirable about him? His level of success. You make it sound like anyone can become a ruler and be a household name more than 2000 years later.

2. Aren’t steroids a controlled substance? I mean, I’m a libertarian for the most part, so I don’t agree with the law, but that doesn’t mean I don’t pay the consequences if I don’t follow the law, no?

• “Controlled substance?”

I dunno. Perhaps, which would make than an euphemism for some group of thugs, like Zoo Masters, presuming the authority to issue diktats to the Zoo Humans.

Many Zoo Humans love and live by such diktats. And they’re fond of something they call “voting,” euphemism for the bigger mob gets to force their set of diktats on the smaller mob.

“but that doesn’t mean I don’t pay the consequences if I don’t follow the law, no?”

Right. In Zoo Human, you get sent to bed early, without any dinner, metaphorically.

See, you’re under the watchful eye and protection of those who know what’s best for you. Wouldn’t want you to hurt yourself, y’know.

And plus, we Zoo Humans just love to dole out “consequences.” That’d be euphemism for domination.

• Al Ciampa says:

According to the DEA website, anabolic, androgenic exogenous steroids are class III controlled substances, making them less illegal than heroin, but more illegal than valium or xanax if you’re pinched without a script.

If memory serves, this has been so since at least the early 90′s. I remember in the 80′s that it was a slap on the wrist if you were using, then, with the passing of legislature, guys were rolled up in prison with heroin and coke addicts (same charge, penalties, etc.).

Dr. Harris explains the scheduling system in his Tylenol post over at Psych today. He says it’s based off of the addictive quality of the substance. Steroids are not addicting, they are fund raisers for Richard’s “zoo keepers”. What’s more, if you’re a 60yo dude with low test, the therapy is called hormone replacement. Any level above “normal” in the blood would be abuse, and subject to penalty.

Richard, (I am sure that you have, and continue to) if you look at society in this light (human zoo), things actually make more sense. On the animal level, we want others have. We figured out how to take it without risking a possible life-ending injury: court of law.

On the human level, the empire conquest machine needs constant feeding, and taxes are not enough. There has to be penalties imposed on the people to subsidize govt income: enter legislation. One possible reason that the controlled substance schedule is driven by addictive quality (and harshest penalty) is to gather more revenue, and has nothing to do with personal safety.

Things that are inherently illogical to a thinking human animal make a lot more sense in this light.

I like this one.

-Al

• Absolutely, Al.

Definitely Zoo Human operates on a level of logic and part of that is risk aversion. But as I’ve always said: I’ll take my chances.

3. damaged justice says:

One of the two TV shows I watch is Breaking Bad. In an actor interview, I learned that the “crystal meth” they smoke onscreen is actually rock candy.

4. Alan M. says:

He’s being tried for perjury and obstruction of justice, not for using steroids. Some other athletes have lied, like Marion Jones and paid the price and others have admitted it, like Rodney Harrison for HGH, and moved on without any charges, although he got suspended for a few games.

• Alan M. says:

(meant that as a reply to GW)

• Lute Nikoley says:

Why is it OK for the Justice bureaucrats and the politicians to LIE TO US without any consequences or even getting fired or voted out of office. But when any of us sheeple lie to them we go to jail. What a country.

• It’s OK because fairness and justice are not the objective of the government or the “justice system”.

Fairness and justice are the smokescreen used to justify whatever those in power want to do that day. Any actual fairness or justice dispensed by the system is either an unintentional side effect, or the minimum possible grudging admission in order to avoid a popular uprising.

• Just to point out euphemisms.

perjury: double plus bad lying (to Zoo Keepers)

obstruction of justice: failure to team up with and help Zoo Keepers when called, against other Zoo Humans

• Alan M. says:

Lute (a relative of Richard’s?) and Richard,

Those topics are out of my league, I just wanted to reiterate to the other commenter why Bonds was in trouble. Love the blog.

• okay, if you want to go there, Bonds is in trouble because the Zoo Keepers violated all their “own” rules to gather the “evidence” in the first place. Zoo animals should be shaking in their boots. Of course they aren’t because he lied to their Zoo masters so there! But then they shouldn’t be surprised when the “glorious zoo masters” come for them.

5. Anonymous says:

I get the best ads on your site sometimes: http://is.gd/FeptcR

6. WeeMike says:

If what you are doing is to yourself, and has no effect on anyone else’s body what so ever, then no one can tell you what not to do to your body.

This goes for taking cocaine, steroids, cannabis, cigarettes, alcohol, junk food, fuck even masturbation.

It’s my body and only I can decide what goes in it or happens to it.

This kind of shit gets my goat up big time.

• Unless it spills over into others lives. I’ve always said, you have a responsibility to
      and physically with your ill health and ill choices. Compassion has been said to be
      our downfall. Lets not set others up to be compassionate to our chosen ills.
      We do have a responsibility to not burden others, at least purposely.

• ” I’ve always said, you have a responsibility to your loved ones, freinds, and to society, not to burden them spiritually, emotionally, and physically with your ill health and ill choices.

The Zoo Human: “Love it or leave it.” Only, it’s like The Hotel California. I guess Spiro Agnew never stayed there (anyone Grok the reference, there?)

Well, Keith, you take on all the responsibilities you like. As for me, “society” can go fuck itself as far as I’m concerned.

Besides, whenever anyone uses the word “society” in a sentence I instinctively interrupt with a question: whose society?

Get it?

• What about something like PCP? Someone gets all torn up and goes on a rampage. Is it beneficial to control the PCP, or do we allow it (and by allow it I mean take no stance) and count on civilian “sheep dogs” to control the assholes who abuse it? Maybe a few victims are worth the freedom.

• “What about something like PCP?”

What about automobiles?

Oh, right. Just about everyone _values_ those.

Get it?

• To help make your point regarding the automobile, take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_HWw8ifZcY

“On the last Friday of every month, hundreds of bike riding enthusiasts take to the streets for Critical Mass in Porto Alegre, Brazil to raise awareness of cycling in a city dominated by motor vehicles — but at their most recent event, the unthinkable happened. As the lively group of cyclists pedaled together down the street, one disgruntled motorist decided to accelerate through the crowd, running down dozens of riders in a disturbing hit-and-run”

• I always want to ask the question, “since when did society = government?”

• Me too, Michael, me too.

• Jamie G. says:

Society enables government… if we got off our collective asses, like they’ve done in places like Egypt… or even like our Founding Fathers and Mothers did, we might just be able to pull ourselves out of this mess. However, I am more cynical in that it seems someone always has been the “top dog” or “silverback”… I’m more pessimistic about our future.

• OK, I agree with “society” but that doesn’t include you dear Richard.

• Oh, but it does, dear Keith. I am elated to include you as part of one of my societies in which I participate, voluntarily. And so do you.

• I just realize you could have taken that the wrong way, but fortunately you had the wit to catch that or I would have been receiving a shit load of f bombs. Good call man, you read me like a book.

• Keith,

Define “ill choices”. Ill as per your world view (i.e. your parents’ world view)?
        Ill as per the general concensus?
        Ill as per the medical community?
        Ill as per religious dogma?
        Ill as per your personal experiences with something that happened to negatively influence you during childhood?

Who defines “ill choices”? Either there must be a universally accepted definition, or there can be no objective definition. And since I haven’t found one universally accepted definition yet, I assume that there are none.

Also, we already burden our loved ones with all our choices, both good and bad. You could try to become as bland as possible, and avoid any potential risk (which is burdening them with a living corpse, how fair is that?). Or you could simply choose a partner who was aware of, and okay with, the choices that you make. It’s the most honest thing in the world, but most people simply don’t have the balls (or sufficient personality?) to dare to be themselves.

Before you think “Nice speech, but who actually does that?”: I do. I’m happily married with a wife who accepts all my choices, just as I accept all of hers. So yes, during our first date I came right out and laid down the rules. “I do this, that and the other. If you cannot deal with one or more of these, then it was nice meeting you, but no second date.”

Most women (and some men) ran for the hills when they heard these. She didn’t, and gave me a list of her own. Perfect! Sure, it took a long time to find someone like her, but it was worth it. I could have become a common drone, and I would have been married a decade earlier. But I don’t simply want a thing, I want a thing perfectly. Whether that is cigars, whiskey, or relationships, I don’t do second best. Life’s too short to accept mediocrity.

• “I do this, that and the other. If you cannot deal with one or more of these, then it was nice meeting you, but no second date.”

and

“But I don’t simply want a thing, I want a thing perfectly. Whether that is cigars, whiskey, or relationships, I don’t do second best. Life’s too short to accept mediocrity”

Ha! Love this stuff! When I first met my former fiancée I said something to the effect, “these are the 5 things that define who and what I am. They are non-negotiable. I am not asking you to change, but if you can’t buy into these things wholeheartedly, this relationship has no future.”

Although she is by no means a common woman, had I compromised it would have been a total disaster. Funny thing, with the exception of one foundational area, we have more things in common 5 years later than we ever had when we were romantically involved.

• This is exactly why my fella and I have been together (happily unmarried) for 15 years.

• OK, I’ve been bested. You have great points, and this may explain why I’m still single. I must look at this closer. Thanks for the stimulating the interesting self
        assessment.

• You have not been bested, Keith. The humanj animal learns and adapts. That’s what’s best.

• Took me three decades to figure this out, so I’m not a role model. Just a slow learner. ;)

7. I’d argue that his Paul dollars were a form of political speech and protected by the First Amendment. OTOH, I freely confess this is off-the-cuff and I haven’t had time to read either of the links y0u kindly provided for the backstory.

8. Jeremy Voluntaryist says:

Google Voluntaryist. If everyone followed this we wouldn’t be in the shit storm we are.

9. I never did like Bonds much, they can have him drawn and quartered and I would be okay with it.

10. Barry Bonds is a notorious asshole so I wasn’t surprised that he got chased on the ‘roids thing. If you’re not likable you don’t catch a break. But he won’t serve any time, that honor will go to Roger Clemens, who unlike Bonds isn’t smart and managed to nail a semi-famous country singer while she was still quite underage. Drugs + nailing a 15-year-old + getting connected to roids = ROCKET TAKES IT UP THE ASS DOO DAH DOO DAH

• Don’t even get me stated on the whole arbitrary “underage sex” thing. Save for celibacy for priests, it’s hard to imagine anything that so goes against human nature, which of course makes it very convenient for prosecutors.

• SimoneDice says:

I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement Richard and believe strongly that this comment treads in pedophilia territory. Too many times individuals of elder age hold a power over younger, inexperienced, and generally innocent young people. These young people are going through too many changes to really understand the choices they make and many times don’t feel they have the power to say no to people who are significantly older than they are.

• Al Ciampa says:

“I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement Richard and believe strongly that this comment treads in pedophilia territory. ”

Yeah – it’s getting good now.

Think Ancient Romans and Greeks. The youth of those cultures were no more innocent or inexperienced, but the societal norms of those two civilizations condoned it.

-Al

• traderpaul says:

The ability to reproduce is the determining factor in deciding when to declare practically any species on this earth an adult.
        To pretend that 15 year old humans, who are fully capable of reproducing, are not adults just because of government-made law is ridiculous.
        To insinuate pedophilia as argument is completely uncalled for, rude, is an appeal to emotion and evades the crux of Richards’ point. How can a government law trump nature?

• No other species has to bother about whether or not they are adults.

The delineation between childhood and adulthood is arbitrarily made by society, of course, and was arbitrarily determined by societies long before formal governments.

But to say it should simply be determined by the ability to reproduce is naive as hell. Should the right to enlist in the army or vote be dependent upon first ejaculation or menstruation?

• SimoneDice:
        Several things I disagree with in your statement. First of all: pedophilia? Really? From a legal perspective, which is by definition arbitrary, I could bang a 16-y.o. in the US and face years in prison AND ruination of the rest of my life by being on the sex offender list. Many (most?) countries on earth would, however, not even bother to prosecute — their ages of consent being 16 or even lower. So someone being a pedo is based mostly on which legal system they fall under, which is ridiculous. Which is why, among men, adages such as “If there’s grass on the field, play ball!” persist. Natural law apparently trumps legal law for many.

Second: Tell me that at your current age (don’t know what it is, doesn’t matter to the argument) you DO understand all choices that you make, and I will call you a liar. People make mistakes. They make them when they are young, they make them when they are old. If the only ‘safe’ time to choose to have sex with someone is when you are mistake-free, then that would be… never.

• Third, pedophilia is the sexual attraction to PREpubescent children.

A man finding a fully-developed girl two days shy of her 18th birthday to be hot is not a pedophile; a man attracted to a 26-year-old, 4-foot tall vegan who’s lost her body hair, stopped menstruating, weighs 60lbs and looks like a sick 10-year old may very well be…

• SimoneDice says:

“Pedophilia is a sexual desire in an adult for a child.”

“A child is a person between birth and full growth”

When looking at when girls actually have their first menarche it seems to vary. Researching various sites and taking information from Wikipedia it seems to happen anytime between around 12 and 17 years.

There are billions of women on this planet who are over 18. Why do adults feel it is OK to have sex with young people? This isn’t about love, pro-creation – as clearly indicated in the original comment; it was strictly about having sex with a girl who was 15.

Further on the emotional level, if a girl did not have her first period, even though she may be 16 or 17, and a 45 year old man wanted to have sex with her, are you OK with that? How is a man to know if a girl of that age has had their first period? Do you think men who have sex with females of that age care?

Lastly, traderpaul, my comments were my views. I didn’t attack Richard and wasn’t rude. I was direct. Richard is a big boy. If he has a comment to return he is free to be direct and open in his view point. I didn’t call him any names and while the term pedophilia may have other connotations, the meaning is as I included it above.

* Lines in quotes taken from dictionary.reference.com

• Menstruation is a total red herring that you use out of convenience. Nobody checks to see if they have had a first period.

What well adjusted people check for is pubescent development. It’s pretty easy, as nature intended.

“On an emotional level, if you had a daughter who had her first menarche at 12 years old, and a 45 year old man wanted to have sex with her, what would your reaction be? Would you allow it because technically she is a fully functional woman?”

Context, please.

The reason this doesn’t go on frequently nowadays is because we’re rich enough not to need to. Place yourself in the circumstances of a wild human in nature and views change radically. Survival is at stake and there’s a reason why sexual maturity evolved to be at the age it is.

Also, let’s not conflate ideal, better, best with minimally acceptable. What I’m saying is that there is nothing inherently UNNATURAL about any sexually mature human being engaging in sexual relations with any other sexually mature human being, so long as force is not involved.

Have your own values and preferences about that as you will and as everyone does. Fine. And it’s certainly wise to teach both your boys and girls about the consequences of having sex early in this modern culture. But be honest about it. Any teenage girl is going to likely face far more pressure to have sex with a peer than some 40-yr-old. She’s going to be subjected to it daily. So if you really care, that’s where you should place your bet.

But the bottom line is that if no force is involved, a penis is pretty much a penis and a vagina a vagina. Nothing magical happens with the age of those organs.

“My original comment stands. I think these comments tread on pedophilia and think these laws are necessary.”

I’m sure these young kids and their parents disagree.

• Oh, and how about go and Google how kids are being prosecuted for child pornography because they texted pictures of THEIR OWN genitals to others.

But it’s just another day in the “Land of the Free and Home of the Safe.”

• “There are billions of women on this planet who are over 18. Why do adults feel it is OK to have sex with young people? ”
        What a silly argument. To use a car analogy: there are always many more used cars than new cars. So why do people feel the need to drive a new car? Maybe because of the handling, the new smell, low maintenance costs, and because it doesn’t look dated yet?

Your argument about the emotional level of a young girl is moot. Large parts of the US actively demonize any sort of sex education at any age, and the US is quite prudish in general. So of course a society that goes out of its way to shield children from sex will produce children that are not properly emotionally prepared for it.

• Lower Mind says:

Way cool. I get a kick out of the old farts in this thread who think that they could “bang” hot teenage girls, except that the law stops them. Why would the not teenage girls ever want to? Because of what? Your hot car? Here’s a tip: Showtime R-rated movies aren’t real life. You have no conception what real life is like.

Still, I probably generally agree with you more than I disagree – except for the lifestyles-of-the-spoiled remarks… like lying under oath is harmless, and teenage girls are fair prey.

Hey, here’s another thing that’s totally natural: when you need to take a crap, you just do it. What a wonderful world if people could just crap on the street. Free Your Animal!!!

• “I get a kick out of the old farts in this thread who think that they could “bang” hot teenage girls, except that the law stops them. Why would the not teenage girls ever want to? Because of what? Your hot car”

I smell projection.

• Just because they don’t want to bang YOU..

(cue evill laugh).

• “Back to human nature: if primitive caveman want what you have, he take it from you. You think you big tuff human, he come with bunch of friends. His Alley Oop club will fit in the trunk of your expensive car, that he drives away in.”

What a wonderful lesson in social anthropology, evolved cooperation in the face of survival pressures, behaviors molded in the enormous challenge of survival over melinnia.

Thanks for bottom lining it for us.

• “So much for the excessive libertarianism that comes from people who’ve had only cushy lives.”

Freedom and liberty is so fucking excessive.

• “like lying under oath is harmless, and teenage girls are fair prey.”

Great conflation and equivocation all in one.

Lying is an evasion of reality. So what if you lied about whether you farted an soiled your pantie?

Prison time?

Or, how about if you swore an oath before you knew what the questions might be and later regretted.

Well, you act as a subject and that’s how you consider everyone else. No mystery. Slaves love company.

For the latter, it seems that you consider any union between older men and younger woman to be predation. I dunno, seems like there’s a clue in there for your getting laid more. But I digress.

The simple fact of the matter is that there are millions upon millions of hot teenage girls worldwide who clamor for the affections of older men. While most common is economic inequity it’s not the only reason.

But I thnk economic inequality is about as good a reason as any. Love and affection are very complex and it is quite naive to ever imagine it to be “pure”. You’re in unicorn territory.

• Lower Mind:
        I’m not from, nor in, the US, so US law fortunately does not apply to me. So yes, I can bang a 16-y.o. (didn’t specify male or female, by the way) and be perfectly legal doing it. 15 is theoretically illegal (but no mandatory sentence or anything ridiculous like that), but AFAIK nobody is ever prosecuted for it. At most you’ll have an argument with a parent.

And why did girls want to? Maybe because I worked at a club. Either that, or my pretty blue eyes. :)

• Do you even know this history of how these “underage” laws came about? It ain’t pretty and has nothingto do with law and justice.

• Could you point me to some info about how these laws came to be?
        I know the lowest official age of consent is 12…Vatican City…shocker,I thought they liked them younger.

• Lower Mind says:

IIRC, I 1st read the text of the Kitavan study on your blog. What are you doing on a Taubes-bootlicker site? Slumming? hehe :) and another–> :)

• For that you get a fuck off, and BTW, I think your anonymous handle suits you very well.

Taubes? He’s of unquestionable value. That’s what I choose to focus on.

Now go fuck off.

• What are you doing here? Ensuring party loyalty? Observing the infidels? How many virgins do I get for switching to sweet potatoes?

11. I didn’t watch the Stossel segment but I’ve read some about the Liberty Dollars thing and I would actually argue that this guy damaged the legitimate alternate currency movement, so in that sense he’s an asshole.

Of course it’s ridiculous to call him a terrorist and unconstitutional to seize his assets. Still, the guy seems to have done some pretty stupid and questionable things. He could’ve very easily made a silver coin that simply had the silver embossed on it and he’d have been fine. If fact, people do make coins all the time and don’t run into problems with Nazi prosecutors and there are alternate currencies out there that function legally.

I wonder if this case would qualify for appeal to the Supreme Court, not that I’m optimistic of their ability to interpret or abide by the Constitution.

• Meh, the ‘silver content’.

• “I would actually argue that this guy damaged the legitimate alternate currency movement, so in that sense he’s an asshole.”

I’m struggling to grasp what all those late night, poorly done TV ads by what strike me as scam artists selling “commemorative coins” encased in plastic have to do with an “alternative currency movement.”

And that’s probably the essential point.

• Why you would separate commemorative coins as a scam apart from Liberty Dollars. Surely they are both legitimate for barter?

Had he made a coin that simply stated its gold or silver content and used a design that didn’t resemble FRNs he would’ve been fine (Or at least had a much, much stronger case). Instead I think he fucked up things even more.

• I didn’t say they are a scam. It’s just that all of those late night TV ads strike me as scammy, smarmy, etc.

• I actually thought there were some functioning private currencies in the States, but I was apparently wrong about that. I couldn’t find anything. And this case will effectively squash any future development along those lines. Who’s going to invest when the government can just declare you a terrorist and seize your assets? There are barter exchanges, I suppose they are next. Oh and let’s not forget video game tokens, that’s child terrorism.

12. Jamie G. says:

I’m fiercely libertarian (and ironically a cop… I got to pay the bills). If I won the lottery my ass would be in the middle of Montana in the mountains with my closest neighbors a 100 miles away (if only I could convince my wife). I’d be a survivalist, minimalist, and localvore.

Alas, I’m fully plugged into the Matrix… mortgage, car payment, credit card debt, etc., with no hope of escape from the Society that the Haves have constructed to rule over me.

The thing is, looking through history, our situation is what it has always been, humans doing what they do best, which is making things more complicated. I think it all started when we came up with highly evolved language.

Anybody for going back to using basic grunts?

• It’s hard to escape the matrix. The question is: are you at least trying, or have you given up? Sometimes trying is as close as we can get to a result. Hope alone doesn’t change anything.

• Jamie G. says:

Yes… I’m working on a plan, doing little stuff here and there to unplug… learning how to do things for myself and developing skills, making myself more self-sufficient, and not buying or buying into things that Society says I should. However, the wife isn’t fully on-board, and with a small child I understand her hesitations. But eventually we’ll get there.

13. Wives can be difficult. It took mine a while to grasp that having a bigger house isn’t better. In fact we now live smaller than we did (with a bigger garden though), but much better. Now she’s the one telling everyone else they should live smaller but better. :)

What helped me: getting into carpentry. Only then did I realize how much money I was spending on cheap junk. There I didn’t believe my wife (an industrial designer) at first, and she had to educate me.

14. Hey Richard.

Regarding the adsense ads, you can just hover over the ad to see which url it is pointing to, then:

- press adsense setup
    - press competitive ad filter
    - insert the veggie protein moron url and click save changes

Then that particular ad will never show up again. It’s showing them because the adsense bot reads “vegan” and “vegetarian” a lot in your site. Good post btw :)

15. Good post. I watched “They Live” the other day and thought of you, Richard. One of the scariest documentaries I’ve ever seen! =P

16. The whole thing with Bonds is ridiculous. I could care less and now our government is wasting our counterfeit money prosecuting him. Let the MLB handle it.

The other guy – made gold and silver coins and he’s a ‘terrorist’. In our f’ing constitution it says gold and silver shall be legal tender and this guys a ‘terrorist’….hmmmm interesting….There’s a reason our founders stuck that in….because they understood paper money would be abused by government. Oh Fed Reserve, could you print us another one trillion dollars so we can start another illegal war with Libya? Sure, add it on to other 12 trillion your paying INTEREST on.
    How were the criminals on Wall St not arrested for financial terrorism? This is completely insane.

It goes to show you who pulls the strings on our commander and chief and the major players in the house and senate.
    The federal reserve and whoever their backers are, are the most powerful group/people in the world.
    Fed Reserve notes is money because our government will show up on your door step with a gun if you say otherwise. Thats great.

Why is it that gold and silver always rise in price? Because the value of paper money is going down.

If any of you wants to make a difference in our country vote Ron Paul is he runs for president.

• I can’t believe this was on TV….Glen Beck must have been told he’s getting fired because this would never be on national air….if any of you wants to learn about the monster that controls our government….here you go…..

• I didn’t watch the whole thing, Greg, but I can tell you that this sort of info has been readily available in books and on the Internet as far back as I can remember.

My problem with it has always been essentially about the same: I can’t imagine a more relevant point to hang on than whether the Fed is a part of the State or some private corporation. The problem is that our money is a fiat currency. Doesn’t mater if Humpty Dumpty is the one managing, issuing it, whatever. What counts is that is is continually manipulated by the state to create boom and bust cycles which alway serves their interests in “keeping the populous alarmed and clamorous to be led to safety,” in the words of HL Menken.

17. Sort of in keeping with this post.. you guys ever heard of Sealand?

British dude took over an abandoned military base just off the coast of the UK (in international waters) and made it his own country. I think he’s been living there 30 years or so with his family.

• That was an interesting read, and I’m very jealous.

Still, I’d be lying if I said that didn’t remind me of the Family Guy episode with Petoria.

18. The Bonds business is just ridiculous. Who cares that the guy did steroids? People spew all this BS about him being a role model to morons who don’t realize (1) that muscle is built by hard, unglamorous work, (2) that big muscles don’t equal big performance (“No, you cannot juice and expect to start hitting homers every time you step up to bat!”), and (3) that you need to follow basic protocols when juicing to avoid harmful side effects (like premature death!). (2) is kind of a moot point to most adolescents, I will admit (they would just as soon look like Tarzan even if they still play like Jane), but there is no excuse for any kind of athlete being ignorant of (1) and (3). Listen, kids (and parents): Barry Bonds is not responsible for your being stupid. The only good that came out of this whole mess is that government stooges were distracted from situations where their idiotic intervention might have done even worse harm.

19. Treespeed says:

So while Bonds is on trial for roids/perjury not a single one of the Wall Street fucks who screwed the world economy are hit with anything more than a token fine. And anyone who thinks this would be different under any other administration is seriously delusional. Republican or Democrat the order of the day is screw the middle class for the benefit of the upper class and blame it all on the lower class.

• Lower Mind says:

While I would never read Rolling Stone, I agree with Tree. The major problem with politics is that we have two entrenched parties that are more alike than different. Obama is Bush III.

But afterward I strongly disagree: just because the thieves of Wall St got away with it, doesn’t mean that every criminal should get away with their crime.

• “just because the thieves of Wall St got away with it, doesn’t mean that every criminal should get away with their crime.”

What and who is a criminal?

More prescient, what if you consider someone a criminal and I don’t?

BTW, just because I don’t consider someone a “criminal” doesn’t mean I necessarily like them or condone their actions. I loath most people. I hate how most people behave. Yet it would pain me to see them get anything more than the pure natural consequences of their own actions.

But you seem to like thugs who enforce your favorite values. I guess you’re a fan of “efficiency.”

• So you think it’s a crime because our government said so?

Just wondering, do you think a man is supposed to be with a woman because its seems logical or because the bible told said so?

20. Bloviator says:

Matt Stone said that Josh Rubin said that Ray Peat said that sucrose is good for you! So there!

21. DancinPete says:

Anyone who uses the threat of terrorism (ie: fear) to control your actions, is by definition, a terrorist themselves.

22. Lower Mind says:

Not that anyone (here) cares, but this is my take on it: if I want to buy and take any non-narcotic drug, I should be able to. I don’t want people getting legally wacked on cocaine, heroine, speed etc and committing crimes. If they want to smoke dope all night and say “groovy and peace. man”, then that’s okay.

I should be required to sign that no one ever will be responsible except me if I take any drug. Then I can take steroids (I’ve never actually seen any. much less taken any) or Adriamycin if I choose, and no one is liable except me.

That said, we live in what we live in – we all might want to change it – but if it’s a crime and you do it then accept what falls on you. Frig Bonds, i could care less what happens to a sports superstar. He raised his hand and said “I swear”. If we tried to weasel, he gets the weasel way.

• “He raised his hand and said “I swear”. If we tried to weasel, he gets the weasel way.”

It’s an interesting thing about such oaths. Notice how they are required before you know what the questions are.

• “don’t want people getting legally wacked on cocaine, heroine, speed etc and committing crimes.”

Right, because it’s not actually the CRIME that counts, and by crime, I always mean bread & butter: murder, rape, robbery, fraud, etc.

So a murderer high on whatever is worse than a sober murderer?

As to the smoke dope all night and say groovy, I’m sure all the dope smokers in the world, me included, on occasion, approve. We’re so relieved.

23. Lower Mind says:

I’m roughly the same age as you, I’ve thought about things a lot, ever… maybe too much. I’ve studied law. It’s not right, but hiw to do better when the populace are assholes (that like rap and Lindsey Lohan)?

I think you are probably a sincere person… up until I see you admire opportunist and dummie Gary Taubes.

“equired before you know what the questions are”

true if we suspect tthat the legal system is run for the benefit of insiders…, which it is

so touche’ and ole’

• “Richard, since you are an intelligent person, think of this: what other system would you make?”

I don’t presume to force my values upon anyone, ever, for any reason, no exceptions.

Therefore, I wouldn’t “make” any kind of “system.” Beyond that, the presumption implicit in such a notion — that there could even be a “system” that guarded the freedom for one and all to pick, choose, dispose of, trade, produce their own chosen values free of any and all encumbrance, duty to society or whatever — is astounding.

I ask but one simple thing: Leave. Me. The. Fuck. Alone. I’m not interested in anyone’s “system,” and I’m quite happy to take my chances, every single one of them and that includes the possibility of not having your jackbooted thugs in uniform “protect” & “serve” me or your peeping Toms and molesters screen the people I ride alongside in an airplane. I’ll pay for the fire guys, but through insurance and as needed otherwise. I’ll pay to access roads and whatever else and I’ll pay for arbitration if I happen to get into a dispute with someone — and I’ll be damn careful first of who I do business with in terms of checking their reputation in the socialsphere.

And that should about do it. Y’all do what you want. Get your jollies every two years in the voting booth. I want no part of it.

George perhaps says it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk

“It’s not right, but hiw to do better when the populace are assholes (that like rap and Lindsey Lohan)?”

It’s none of my business.

Let me explicate. When the state comes along and files a civil complaint or criminal indictment, did you ever notice “The People vs. ________” part? I want nothing to do with it. If she or someone like her didn’t harm me, it’s none of my business. And if she or others like her did, then it’s none of yours or anyone else’s.

24. Lower Mind says:

Hey Richard, (you fuckhead) just testing your filters here

Hey, bless all dopesmokers

come to NEPA (not someelitist MOVENAT???? ) what the freak is that shit?

Pay 5,000 Yankee do9=llars for what eveerybody kibnwy?

good thing about you, you don’y censor

you fuck ya :)

anyway. even though you kneel and wporshipm Taubes butt, you still might be ojay

25. Treespeed says:

But a bunch of greedy assholes who flush people’s life savings with their arrogance and then walk away with tax payer funded bonuses while working stiff lose their jobs and homes I would say that’s pretty fucking criminal. Let alone that the news is filled with bonds and not a word on the govt. Letting the thieves walk away without jail time. Shit, Lohan is going to do more time.

• “Who’s a criminal? Certainly not some idiot that shoots himself up for a million dollar payoff.”

Ok, 1 down.

“But a bunch of greedy assholes who flush people’s life savings with their arrogance…. walk away without jail time. Shit, Lohan is going to do more time.”

I ask again: WHO is the criminal. Think hard.

26. Treespeed says:

Despite the ongoing Zoo conspiracy tourettes I think it’s pretty clear who are the current batch of criminals. I don’t stay up nights worrying about some crackhead stealing my TV, a legitmate concern in LA, but about our supposed best and brightest blowing up the economy and spending my retirement living off primal cat food.
    You don’t have any doubt about who’s a criminal if I rob your house, but if I decimate millions of people’s life savings there’s some ambiguity? And you want me to think HARD.
    If you think someone else is the criminal then say it, but if you think the justice dept. would be prosecuting these guys under a McCain or Romney administration you’re delusional.

• You went in the entirely wrong direction.

Start talking about prosecuting the “justice” department and you’ll be getting somewhere.

• Richard,

If you are implying the justice department IS the problem, not the bankers, then isn’t that a false dichotomy? They are one and the same, because neither could exist without the other. The justice system needs an inflow of money (or else they might become honest!), the banks need a legal system heavily skewed in their favor (or else they couldn’t make enough money to buy justice).

• Yes, Ruben, they are bedfellows, just playing different roles in the same scheme. Just trying to get Tree to see it a little deeper is all.

• Sorry for ruining this educational moment. ;)

Concerning this, I always think of the US litigation system (especially civil suits) as a sort alternative lottery. Everyone pays through the nose in taxes for a ticket to play. And every so often a winner is picked who wins several million from a bullshit suit. It keeps the populace placid, because nobody is going to attack the federal lottery/justice system.

Trackbacks

1. [...] the original: Bits & Pieces: Life in the Human Zoo | Free The Animal keywords: assets, case, definition, Development, government, latitude, Money, money matters, [...]