Vegans and Cry Babies

A Sunday afternoon Quick Hit

Why a steak for pregnant mothers could stop babies crying

Mothers-to-be who boost their intake of a vitamin found in steak during the first three months of pregnancy are up to eight times more likely to have babies who cry less, researchers suggest. ...

Now the latest findings by researchers suggest pregnant women who consume only low levels of B12 may have babies whose nervous systems have not fully developed.

They say it means a hormone in the brain which lulls babies to sleep may not be released properly, causing infants to cry for longer periods of the day.

The study, published in the journal Early Human Development, involved nearly 3,000 pregnant women. ...

The researchers found that those women whose test results showed they had the least B12 were up to eight times more likely to give birth to a child who cried for prolonged periods than those who had the most.

On average, five per cent of mothers lacking B12 had a distressed baby while just over one per cent of women with the most B12 reported their baby cried excessively.

But is makes no sense. How could it? Raw Vegan is supposed to be "the optimal human diet."

Well, maybe they're only wrong by 4 million years or so, or whatever it is. Do baby chimps cry a lot? So there you go.

Of course, there's this tidbit added at the end because, y'know, we live in a fucking malevolent universe where the most nutritionally dense foods are trying to kill you.

But nutritionist Yvonne Bishop-Weston warned: 'Meat comes with saturated fats which can hinder the body's use of essential fats needed for the baby's brain and nervous system development.'

There you go: present the false alternative that it's either a crying baby, or a slow death, or some other bullshit bugaboo.

Yvonne Bishop-Weston (what kinda fucking name is that?) is a fucking moron whose family should be ashamed of her.

Update: Jamie Scott, "That Paleo Guy," gives the run down on VEGAN "nutritionist" Bishop-Weston.

Comments

1. That makes entirely too much sense based on conversations with the fruit-fondlers here and other places.

Frutarianism and some strains of veganism appear to be an express ticket to mental illness.

2. Jan McCutcheon says:

You made my day.

3. And it is not just the vegetarians, vegans, and fruitarians (puuhleeez). It is also the bulk of the industrialized world growing lil’ humans on corn, wheat, soy, industrial seed oils, sugars and the like. You just can’t build a proper human on Doritoes, Sunny D Juice boxes, and Oreos dunked in skim milk. And it sure is lookin’ like you can’t build one on a raw fruit diet either.

Our little 11 month old cave-boy is clear, calm, attentive, active and lookin’ pretty sharp among his peers. Glad to have got some nutritional learnin’ in my head before we made the little guy.

• I think your 11 month old might have to meet my 12 month old little girl, haha!

It wouldn’t surprise me. My daughter doesn’t even cry if she bangs her knee. I’m sure that a decent amount is parenting but it seems that even if you WANT her to cry, she doesn’t. ;)

4. Patrick says:

>>>But is makes no sense<<<

"it"

5. I notice that they always have to cover their ass with the saturated fat bit. All the evidence points to this diet working and being healthy.. but by the way, remember, saturated fat may be harmful!!

6. hey Richard, sorry this question is a little off topic but I just wanted to know what fruits (if any) were a staple in your diet or what your top 3 fruits are?

• Hmmm, Jerry, interesting question, one that’s got me to thinking. While I’m relatively set in my meat an veggie ways I hold little allegiance to fruit. It’s all about opportunity and what’s good. Really, I dislike tart or woody fruit.

Perhaps my all time fav was when I lived in the Pacific northwest where blackberries grow wild almost everywhere. And I love blueberries. I’m particular about strawberries. So many are either tart or worse, virtually tasteless.

I love watermelon, and good melon in general.

Ripe Kiwi can be amazing.

Papaya. Now we’re talkin’

And oh shit, bing cherries in that short season. There, I will gorge. I could be raw vegan for a week, there.

I think I have a very healthy attitude about fruit. I never really seek it out. It just comes to me, on season, ripe, and I eat, as any rational animal would and should.

7. I’m always cautions when it comes to studies like these, but my wife is a huge red meat eater and our 6 month old is very well behaved and rarely cries, he sleeps very well also. Maybe there is something to this.

8. What a surprise! Babies need the same nutrients adults need…but they need more of them, because they’re growing, and it’s worse for them if they’re deficient, because they can’t grow correctly!

Hey, it’s forward progress…I’ll take it. And a couple commenters have already rubbished the nutritionist at the end, so that’s something.

D: it’ll take a LONG time to turn around the anti-saturated fat bus. Expect coconut oil to be rehabilitated first (this is already starting), so they can say “well, it’s only ANIMAL saturated fat that’s bad for you, see, we weren’t totally wrong.”

• Agreed. It will take decades for this process to reverse itself. There are too many researchers fully embedded in the no-fat dogma. They won’t admit they have been horribly wrong, so they’ll ride it out until retirement.

9. If the vegans really want to prove that their diet is optimal, there needs to be a study that looks at fetal, infant and childhood development between regular eating groups and vegan groups. This study should compare the health and developmental milestones of both groups of babies, assuming that the mother and fathers ate their prospective diets before conception and fed their child based upon their dietary perspective.

Anyway, I couldn’t give a shit because my daughter is now almost 8 months old and she is kicking every other baby’s ass in every measurement! I made sure that my wife ate copious amounts of eggs and butter during her pregnancy. The result? The little girl was screaming the instant she emerged from the birth canal! Her drive to live was evident from the first moment of her life.

Here’s what she looks like now:

Her daily diet consists of yogurt and fruit for her first two meals, then meat and veg for her last two.

• Nathaniel says:

Your daughter is amazing. Look at that stance, look at that strong back! What a marvel!

• What a physique on that little girl! Too cute :))
      And she isnt a rolly polly either. So many babies are already overweight and people are so used to it, the pediatricians give parents grief if their kid hasn’t got extra adipose tissue.

• jeez, it’s not often you can see muscle definition on a baby girl, you must be doing something right. That baby looks like it could jog down to the corner market, pick up a couple of pounds of chuck roast and jog back.

10. Any vegan who isn’t a moron (they exist! I know…one) takes supplemental Vitamin B12, problem solved.

Vitamin A (only half of women can convert enough from beta carotene http://healthydietsandscience.blogspot.com/2011/02/evidence-of-human-adaptation-to.html ) is another issue. They don’t like to admit that. Or the creatine. Or exogenous carnosene. Or the fact that in the wild they would be zinc-deficient. Or that CLA, choline, carnitine, K2, all of the above confer a health benefit despite the fact that we can make them. It would appear that we evolved in such a manner to depend upon animal foods in the wild for optimal health. Or that their brains turn to mush without preformed DHA. You would think that a population of people who overwhelmingly espouse the naturalist fallacy would conclude that vegetarianism is unnatural and therefore bad. Looks like it is time to drop it. How many supplements are solved by eating steak? I love you, Mr. Meat.

Ah yes, a human is not an omnivore. Australopithecus was the corruption of “human” nutrition! We are all doomed.

• I think you could be able to have “moderate” health on a veg diet, but becoming preggers and nursing a baby is a whole different ball game. Most women that I know who have given up vegetarianism or veganism did so when they became pregnant. Anemia is a big factor.

11. Vegans suck. You’re posts about vegans always make my day :) Especially since I’m at university – while I’m all for higher education, all those alternative student stereotypes are really here. There is even a vegetarian/vegan snack bar in the middle of the campus. and waayy too many vegans etc..

But, how on earth got “Yvonne Bishop-Weston” even the idea that SAFAs displace PUFAs? That makes no sense whatsoever. I never even read something that could be misunderstood to come to that conclusion.

12. Breast milk also comes with saturated fats, which can hinder….blah blah blah :-D

13. Ha ha, I’m totally going to mock this.

14. Ow, man do I like a nice Vegan bash on my monday morning! Bring in the steaks!

15. Pelinor says:

Yvonne Bishop-Weston:- she recommends Cranks a chain of vegetarians restaurant , enough said.

16. I love these posts.
    She even pushes crazy celibrity diets

and because the Steak is bad for you she advices to get zinc from pine nuts (heh, you remember) and pumpkin seeds; Vitamins D from sunshine, seaweed and organic soy milk; Vitamin B12 from Chlorella and fortified foods; Iron from vegetables and Chlorella; Essential fats from Algae, hemp seeds, and Echium Oil!

Wow, it’s really a seaweed based diet! Yuck! Where i’m supposed to even get all the algae? I don’t live at the sea and no stores in my city sell that stuff. I’m probably going to die from all the saturated fat instead of thriving on pufas and greasy seaweed for what humans are adapted to – haha

17. lol

A good nutritional therapist would consider constipation to be an issue if you are visiting the toilet less than once. preferably twice per day. Ideally you should be going to the toilet three times a day. Once for every meal – ‘one out for every one in’.

• That’s from her website by the way. The dailymail “reporter” is really to blame here for deliberately seeking out a “counter argument” comment that is supposed to give “balance” to the report. Instead of analysis they set up a crappy “two points of view” argument because they don’t know what journalism is.

• Alex Thorn says:

You are referring to ‘bowel frequency’ which has nothing whatsoever to do with constipation. Frequency is very much an individual matter – for some people it may be normal to go every day (even more than once per day) and for others it is quite normal to go less often. As long as stools are normal and are passed easily and without discomfort any frequency can be both normal and healthy. Constipation is specifically an inability to pass stools without undue strain.

As for passing a stool for each meal eaten – this is nonsense. Depending on the food eaten, digestive transit – from mouth to anus – can take as long as several days. Also bulk is a factor. If you eat a great deal of indigestible fibre, your stools will have more bulk. It is only when sufficient bulk has built up in the bowel that there will be an impulse to pass a stool. If you eat a mainly meat based diet, then all of this will be fully digested and absorbed and there will be very little waste bulk that makes it to the bowel. In that instance, frequency will be much reduced but the stools should still be of a normal, healthy consistency and passed easily even if less frequently.

• @Alex Thorn
        Hey Alex, I forgot the quotes. That’s from Yvonne’s website. My guess: her digestive system is in a hurry to get rid of all that rotting algae, so she’s telling her clients that this “frequency” is normal.

I do like your comment about very little waste bulk when eating meat. I do my part to help the environment, by not filling up the sewage system with fiber. :)

• Alex Thorn says:

Sorry – I wasn’t sure if you were quoting her or whether they were your positions on the subject.

I agree with you. On a principally animal-food based diet my frequency has greatly reduced – and I find this a convenience (forgive the pun) on many fronts: I spend less time on the toilet and less money on toilet paper, for just two!

I can’t think of anything more inconvenient than having to go to the toilet three or more times a day to empty my bowels – the only time I came close to this kind of frequency was on a raw food vegan diet – and that was borderline diarrhoea! It also gave me kidney stones via the high levels of oxylates in plant foods.

18. Matthew says:

I think the results of the study are indeed true. However, as noted, it’s important to note that this was an observational study that doesn’t “prove” anything.

As long as your not a vegan moron no “proof” for eating meat should be neccessary. I’m just saying from a scientific standpoint the study is a good starting point and nothing else.

19. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-kanner/meatless-monday-a-lesson-_b_837749.html

Meatless Monday?
    Gems include tsunamis in japan (climate change?!!!! fark me how stupid can you be), and brown rice is healtheir than white rice – must be all the phytic acid :)

20. http://www.giveittomeraw.com/forum/topics/information-on-transitioning

This woman apparently has a strong desire to retard her babie’s development –

Hey guys! I’m 8 months pregnant right now and definitely eating all kinds of junk, unfortunately. But I do have a veggie juice drink and 1 raw meal every day so that’s something.

Anyway, after the baby is born I want to aim for almost all raw foods but I’m wondering if I start detoxing will toxins pass through my breast milk? Anyone have any experience or info on this?

I think I want to punch the next person who says “detox”.

What particular compounds do people seem to think are excreted from the body by eating any particular diet? The term is used so genericly so as to have no meaning.

• “if I start detoxing” is euphemism for “if this stops working”

• Yes! But what is “live enzymes” a euphemism for?

• I’m guessing unicorn farts, but I’m not really an expert.

• It’s what we used to call FM (fucking magic) in the Navy, to refer to a part of an engineering process one does not fully understand.

• Richard,

I like the witty reply but what are you doing commenting at 1 am and then again at 5 am? If you are only getting 4 hours of sleep then you’ve still got some seriously unresolved health issues. Is it still this neck pain? You’ve always been proud of being honest in your blogging so why not come clean on this? Or am I reading too much into this?

• The only lingering pain I have is at night, and only after I go to slepp. Sleep 11-1, up for 10 minutes, then to 5:30, up for another 10, then to 8:09, to be exact.

Getting a little better every day.

• Ah, OK. Glad to hear it. Sorry to be such a prying bastard.

21. I’m nearly four months along in my pregnancy and I -WISH- I could eat some steak! Prior to this I’d been fairly hardcore paleo/primal for a couple years and LOVED it, but pretty much as soon as I became pregnant, the very thought of meat made me run for the toilet. Right now I can eat a tiny bit of fish and chicken from time to time, but steak is still a no go. :(

• My wife was the same way. She had no desire to eat any red meat at all for the first half of her pregnancy. She ate a lot of eggs and butter and plenty of cream and whole milk. Then it was like a switch flipped, and she ate more cheeseburgers during the second half of her pregnancy than she had eaten during the previous 10 years! Don’t sweat it. Pregnancy is already hard enough, just eat what you feel like and don’t force any extra unneeded stress on yourself.

22. http://www.news.com.au/world/mcdonalds-only-marathon-runner-finishes-among-top-racers-at-los-angeles-event/story-e6frfkyi-1226025863714

Looks like Grok and Durian Rider should switch to the 24/7 McDonalds diet if they really want to dominate in endurance racing.

Guy ate nothing but McDonalds for 30 days and shaved 46 off his marathon time to a personal best of 2 hours 36 minutes.

Too me this is strong evidence that the hamster wheel types can get away with any sort of diet provided their energy expenditures are covered, at least in the short term. No one should ever confuse long duration endurance activity with “health” though.

23. You people are just backwards – morally, spiritually, mentally and physically – brainwashed by the meat industry hype that humans need to eat meat to be healthy. This blog is nothing but a well-crafted marketing tool to get you to buy into this Paleo nonsense and buy the products.

How many of you are prepared to go out and slaughter your own cow to get that juicy steak? Have you ever watched an animal being “dismantled” while it’s still alive? Have you witnessed a days-old calf being beaten, prodded, kicked and punched because it’s too weak to stand? He gets to spend short his miserable life chained to dark crate so you can enjoy veal. Are you truly inhumane enough to say that an animal should spend a lifetime suffering just so you can satisfy your tastebuds for ten minutes?

This is why people choose not to eat meat. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBbYUdvGWk0. And here’s for the idiot who actually believed the story about the guy who ate nothing but McDonald’s for 30 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HPnULHzJVc&feature=related. Those sick, injured cows that have been pushed until their bodies break down – guess where they end up? Ground up in your burger. Growth hormones, antibiotics, puss and all. Looks yummy, doesn’t it? Would you really feed that crap to your kids?

• Michael says:

Pass the A-1, will ya honey?

• “You people are just backwards – morally, spiritually, mentally and physically”

Morality: You have no clue, since you can’t even seem to differentiate between animals with no choice in how they acquire their values for survival and humans, who must choose to pursue their values.

Spiritually: Laf. You want to see spiritualism? Go observe a hunter gatherer tribe on the evening after a day’s kill.

Mentally: Google Kleiber’s Law. Learn something for a change. Then consider feeding that big brain of yours.

Physically: You can’t be serious.

Most of the people at the “About” section of your linked website aren’t fairing much better, but I can sure see by some of the fat faces there’s a few veggie junk food eaters. So much fro agricultural biotic cleansing, as Lierre Keith describes it.

“…brainwashed by the meat industry hype that humans need to eat meat to be healthy.”

Yea, because humans didn’t ever eat meat until “brainwashed” by a meat industry. My, I had no idea that a “meat industry” existed for about the last 4 million years.

“How many of you are prepared to go out and slaughter your own cow to get that juicy steak?”

Don’t get out of your comfortable cloister much, doya? The paleo community is replete with hunters, fisherman, gardeners. And when I was a kid we used to buy a cow ever year and on slaughter day, helped slaughter, skin & butcher. At 13, I was also the chief executioner for the broiler chickens we raised, as well as the rabbits.

You’ve just led a sheltered, privileged life. Go out in the wild sometime and see how you fare on leaves. You’ll be trapping, killing, and eating in no time or you will die.

Moron.

The rest of your drivel is just emotional, tear jerk appeal from, as I said, a privileged ignoramus with zero sense of human biology, physiology, or anything else real.

Go get some omega-3s for that brain. The deficiency is clearly showing and flax isn’t gonna cut it.

Here, go educate yourself a little. Be sure to catch the part where your ancestor primates rip a monkey limb from limb and eat it.

Dumbshit.

• I grew up on a farm. I’ve helped with butchering all kinds of animals. While they were alive they lived in pastures or were free-range (in the days before that was a common term) and were loved and well-cared for. We never had any need or use for hormones or antibiotics. They were killed quickly and humanely. That was years ago, however, and that was my grandfather’s farm. He is long gone now and I no longer have that luxury today so I do the next best thing – I purchase my meat from local farmers who raise their animals the same way. And, yes, this is what I feed my children and I do so proudly because I know this is what their bodies evolved eating and what will make and keep them healthy and strong.

I have been following a paleo lifestyle for six months now. Within three weeks of eliminating sugar, grains, dairy, and legumes from my diet (including all the holy grails of veg*nism) every single one of my auto-immune symptoms disappeared, I came off of all my medications including my allergy meds, and all my joint pain was gone. Six months later I have lost 66 lbs simply by following a Paleo eating plan.

Because my daughters spend time away from home they are not 100% Paleo, however my 15-year-old daughter, who has been on sleep medications since she was 6 years old, is now sleeping drug-free thanks to the influence the Paleo lifestyle has had on her body.

I am furious about the conditions of the animals in the grain-fed cattle industry as well. This is why I avoid giving them my money. If more people ate local, grass-fed/pastured meat those industries would eventually collapse. But it is one thing to rail against true animal abuse and quite another to claim that meat itself is evil. If you choose not to eat it – for whatever reason – that is your right. But for you to claim that meat is not necessary for true health then you are delusional. I was a vegetarian for seven years and I can tell you from personal experience that I have never felt more alive, strong, healthy, and vibrant than I do today following a diet similar to the one my paleolithic ancestors ate. And any parent who refuses to provide their children with optimal nutrition is guilty of neglect and their capacity as a fit parent should be called into question. You can survive living meat-free, but that is not the same as thriving. I am thriving. My children are thriving. Doctor visits are few and far between. That’s all the proof I need that I am doing the right thing for myself and my family.

DISCLAIMER: No animals were harmed during the posting of this comment, but a large pork chop was consumed just prior to its posting thus giving me the strength to deal with such narrow-mindedness exhibited here.

• Victoria says:

I find the vegan conceit that ‘nothing died for my dinner’ a very strange one. Ok- no animals died for your meal, but none lived either! The roast currently in my oven came from a cow that enjoyed a (all be it relatively brief) life in my family’s pasture. The eggs I have most mornings come from chickens that are currently having a grand time digging around in the dirt, basking in the sun, and enjoying life in my garden. Anyway who has seen a happy chicken (or a contented cow), can recognize that the animal has a good life. Do all animals live like this, no, but there’s no reason why they can’t have some semblance of ‘a good life’. If I weren’t going to eat the cow, or eat the eggs, these animals would not exist- no one would have bred them, no one would have brought them into this world, and no one would have given them the care and (relatively limited) inputs they need to enjoy their lives. These animals would not exist if someone hadn’t wanted to eat them. It’s an anthropomorphic and unnecessary argument, but these animals are happy to be alive.

Life is grand, life is precious, life is many things. When it comes to domesticated animals, there is no life if there is no death! Giving humans better lives by giving animals a good life is a net ‘Win’ for the universe. Eat meat.

• I have to concur with Victoria & Cheryl. Having grown up on a farm until age 12, where we had sheep for their meat & wool, chickens for their meat & eggs, and cows for their milk, each and every one of those animals were treated with the highest level of respect… the sheep and chickens got to roam inside our house FFS! They weren’t drugged with hormones or antibiotics, and when killed, were killed quickly and humanely.

What grinds my gears with whinging and whining vegans, is that they look at one part of the AMERICAN industry and assume that the rest of us (i.e. those outside of the US), buy into their practices. I think you would be hard pushed to find an advocate of anything paleo supporting these large scale industrial practices. We all recognise what animals give to us and we are grateful for that and show respect (and I would suggest more respect than many vegans I have been around) for those animals.

It just does not suit you argument however, that we are not all bound to the meat or any other industry, and it doesn’t suit your arguments that it is possible to raise animals humanely and with respect, without any of the practices you accuse us all of supporting.

I think you should carefully review whether animals did die for your vegetables… waht was in the gound that was killed as they prepare it for the crops you eat? What happens to those creatures that try to seize on the opportunity to eat the crops that you eat? What happens to the birds who do the same, or who eat the bugs that are invariably poisoned by the cropping practices you support… afterall, if all us paleos are supporters of the meat industry, surely that makes vegans the lackies of the grain industry. Which creatures and how many have to starve because of the water resources that are sucked out of the land to grow the endless amount of soy yoru lot consumes?

Get a grip on reality, then come back and talk.

• Jamie, that always grinds my gears too. What about all the animals whose natural habitat was destroyed for the hundreds of thousands of acres of government subsidized wheat, corn, and soy? And what about the HUMAN animals THAT crap is killing daily?? A diet high in grains and that putrid soy will KILL you. And trust me, it won’t be a humane death either. It will be a slow, painful, agonizing death. Don’t HUMANS deserve better than that? Eat meat. You’ll live a longer, healthier, more productive life.

I just cannot comprehend the mindset that humans are somehow less important than animals. Personally, I’m damn proud to be at the top of the food chain. Now pass me a big ol’ mutton leg.

• Victoria, that was beautifully put.

• Victoria says:

Thanks!

And to add to yours and Jamie’s points- where do vegans think all the nitrogen is coming from for them to grow all those fruits and veggies? The vegans aren’t just lackeys to the grain industry, but to the industrial fertilizer (made from fossil fuel) industry too!

• Oh, and Robin, not to be of sound completely unhelpful here, free of charge:

A natural B12 solution that actually works and requires no supplementation.

• Just because I’m a huge smart-ass, and you seem to have something against stuff being processed (while lumping everyone into generalities).

Where your tofu comes from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh8c9OUti4c
      OH GOD! Those POOR PLANTS DIED FOR US TO EAT. Noooooooo! The HUMANITY!

How your tofu is processed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i35M3_9dQ4&feature=player_embedded#at=31

How your canola oil is made: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2011/02/17/butter-vs-canola-oil-spot-the-real-food/ (can you spot the real food?)

Your awesome bananas: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jstephenconn/5208769895/

Poor banana trees. They must scream in agony every time someone cuts one of their babies off and have to live to watch it happen.

I guess, since you’re the moral one, killing and harming things to eat it is wrong, right? Guess you’ll have to starve to death. But then again, doing that you become a cannibal. Life’s ironies suck, don’t they?

• Yeah, the reason you animal rights folks are so upset about the locavore movement is people are seeing slaughter and even participating in it themselves. And they are finding it’s not like in your industrial slaughterhouse videos. It’s not fun, but it’s not something they find themselves being against. And people are now able to buy hormone-free antibiotic-free meat. Sorry, you guys are losing the game.

• And that’s why we see vegan after vegan going paleo or something along those lines. Grok is the only paleo I know to go vegan, and he’s doing it only to get tnos of sugar to fuel his training. It’s a specialized endeavor.

Veganism is dead and getting deader. Long live the Internet.

• This post just made me curious to google long term success on vegan diet, and then famous long term vegans (famous to put a face whom we could all recognize).

Barry White was the only name to pop up in the first 20 results. BARRY WHITE!! Loved the dudes music, but is this a poster child for a diet? If you google Barry White vegan, plenty of sources come up to say that yes in fact he was a vegan.

On Wikipedia under his illness and death it states:

White, who had been clinically obese for many of his adult years, had been ill with chronically high blood pressure which resulted in kidney failure in the autumn of 2002.
      He suffered a stroke in May 2003, after which he was forced to retire from public life. On July 4, 2003, he died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after suffering from complete renal failure.

Hmmmm.

24. Oh please Robin. Do you really think the majority of paleo dieters are really behind inhumane treatment of animals? Seriously?

You don’t notice the giant push behind most paleo sites to eat local, grass fed & sustainable food because it’s not only healthier for us but better for the environment and the animals?

Do you SERIOUSLY believe FTA is a marketing ploy by the “meat industry”? LOL

Are your brains addled?

25. Michael says:

What Shane said. And hurry the fuck up with those cutlets, willya?

Trackbacks

1. Babies » Blog Archive » Vegans and Cry Babies | Free The Animal says:

[…] 20th, 2011 · 3 Comments · Vegan / […]

2. Babies » Blog Archive » Vegans and Cry Babies | Paleo Digest says:

[…] Free The Animal – A Sunday afternoon Quick Hit Why a beef for profound mothers could stop babies crying […]

3. […] news is all over the paleo blogosphere, over at Mark’s Daily Apple and at Richard Nikoley’s Free the Animal: moms need […]