Theatrical Release Trailer: J. Stanton Up Close & Personal

As I posted a few days back, we've been spending the week up here in the mountains. It's been fun, not the least of which is that yesterday afternoon, J. Stanton of Gnolls.org took a drive over Ebbetts pass at 8,730 ft., from Lake Tahoe to join us in Arnold—at a mere 4,000 ft—for an evening of chat, visiting, grilling meat.

Grilling Meat
Grilling Meat

J. brought one steak to share that he'd cut himself, in a butchering class. Guess which one. But before doing all that, drinking port wine after dinner that he'd also brought, and staying up until about 2am talking about spotted hyenas and the individual and social behavior of many other animals—as well as the evolutionary clues we can speculate about—we had recorded about 30-40 minutes of video discussing various topics out on the deck.

Only...the video camera stopped recording at 2 gigs of data without a courtesy notice. At the HD setting it was on, that came out to a mere 8 minutes of our interview/discussion. Alright, lemonade time. That was rehearsal!

So we got it done this morning.

P1020451
J.Stanton

We talked about a lot of stuff and I have a lot of video to mash up, from two different angles—the one on the tripod and the clips Beatrice was shooting at different random angles.

So here's the 1 minute teaser.

I'll have a full interview up in a day or so, so, don't touch that dial!

Update: The full interview is now posted: The Very Gnollish J. Stanton Interview on Everything

Comments

1. Judi O says:

I really enjoy his blog and this looks like it will be a fun interview. Loved Stefani’s guest post, too!

2. Oh Fuck, Fructose!

I’m coming down with Denise Minger and Ray Peat on fructose.
    I love Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet, but they seem to have drunk the Lustig kool-aid.

Eat some fruit, folks.

• Ah, I see my evil plan worked, and Steve was the first to bite.

Bwahahahahahaha!

• Rich,
        glad to hear you have a plan and I’m more than happy to have played into it.

Wow, a spotting of J. Stanton in the wild. Pretty fucking cool.

Looking forward to the rest. :-)

3. Bravo! Back to posting good shit again.

4. Love J. Stanton. Not sure why he doesn’t get more attention (I think he’s brilliant), but thanks for featuring him.

5. Pauline says:

Lively interview, looking forward to more, background is lush.

6. I’m really looking forward to seeing that.
    Neal

7. JS is really cool, even if he does look like Sean Penn with a ponytail mohawk. Did I mention I hate Sean Penn?

Yeah, looking forward to this.

• Haha, I was just thinking that I need to find a job that would let me cut my hair like that.

• It’s a good combination, ups the ante on a regular ponytail or mohawk.

“I’ll see your mohawk and raise you one”

• Can’t wait for more. This guy is blazingly brilliant and cool. What a dynamic combo…sigh!

• holy crap, good call!

8. Fuck! I was almost there. Good tease.

Die Biting The Throat and the rest of the creedo are a huge part of my weekly ‘check-in’ with myself.

The guy has a wicked cool disposition.

Look forward to this.

9. Yes, went to his site and am extremely impressed.

• You’ve got to read his novel Kate! It’s a little jewel (yes, little, no Neal Stephenson :-)).

10. Samantha Moore says:

i hate his nasty hairdo.

• I think his haircut is super cool. He gets noticed everywhere, from the supermarket to restaurants.

And anyway, why do you care? How fuckingly stupidly superficial.

Would that someone who knows you would post here in response how they hate your nasty hairdo.

Fuck off.

11. Pauline says:

Faces are the most interesting part of being human, I like his face and its expressiveness. I always thought our voices were like fingerprints too, unique and non-duplicable. Can’t wait to listen to the complete video, got things to do first. Scott, thanks for Shadduppayourface!

12. Samantha Moore says:

OK.

13. Pauline says:

Sorry above comment meant for the following article.