Fuck Obama. Fuck Romney. Fuck Obomney Care

Lotta cock sucking going on now. Blame it on John Roberts, because he started it.

...So what's with the general embarrassment associated with the entire "health care" political process over a number of years, now? It's evidently become prescient. ...Election and Erection wise...prescient.

Get this: Americans will, in November, decide between a guy who wants nationalized and collectivized health care, or a guy who wants nationalized and collectivized health care. They claim to differ. Didn't I tell you that spending any time on this circus made you look funny and a bit pathetic? I might as well get this video over, because it always goes up: one way or another, on this topic.

...Sometime last week I found myself having to turn off NPR. It's very rare they get me to do that; and I donate, because I love so much stuff they do that's very valuable to me. It's just that in the aftermath of the Supreme's decision, I eventually found it difficult to hear one more person wax on and on about their own silly fantasy about being able to live a human life risk free—all risks and true accountability covered by the general tribe. In short, I found myself wondering what humanity....is, anymore.

Really? Is humanity now about a bunch of pussies who can't stand the thought of doing the best they can in a human life, letting the chips fall where they may, not worrying too much about the next guy and above all—above all—minding one's own fucking business?

Oh, yea, I forgot: "We're all in this together."

Bullshit, and fuck that.

I suppose I find it more and more difficult to have any pride about having largely lived an "American Ethic;" that is, the sort of thing that has drawn people here, risking their whole lives—my entire dad's family of 8 in 1952—just to get here.

Free The Animal is supported by readers like yourself shopping Amazon and CLICKING HERE to do so. Costs you nothing but sure helps out around here quite a lot. Always appreciated.

Comments

1. Mark Brady says:

It’s a false Left v. Right paradigm. An illusion of choice.

• Of course, Mark. What’s amazing to me is that in this Internet age, even without spoon fed media, people seem to have proved themselves even far more fucking stupid that the Big Three Networks even imagined in the 50s going forward, when they literally had the national discourse in a lock grip.

Never, ever underestimate how fucking stupid people can be.

2. Lou Fogel says:

BTW, if you have insurance, you already have national healthcare in a way. Your premiums ultimately end up paying for the emergency room visits of those who don’t. And so you’re bitching about… what exactly?

• “Uh… so you want to move back to France where they have national health care because you hate the idea that America has national healthcare?”

Can’t you read? I told you why I _might as well_ move back to France.

Jeeezus…..

“BTW, if you have insurance….”

I get a bill from a company.

• “….you already have national healthcare in a way. Your premiums ultimately end up paying for the emergency room visits of those who don’t. And so you’re bitching about… what exactly?”

First of all, you’ve bought the notion that nationalized HC is just like insurance.

Lou: then why is anyone worried?

I’ll tell you why: for some people, the risk doesn’t cost as much as the premium.

Let me spell it out: some hunan animals take their chances. When you get to numbers in the billions, it’s safe to say there are some millions who either don’t care, it’s back burner, or on their ToDo. It’s a B or C priority after they get other things _they_ consider more important done with.

See, I know what it took for my dad and family to actually make something impressive of themselves, and that counts for almost all of them. I would absolutely hate to think what would have happened had they come here in 1992 and had everything handing to them at the cost of a fucking vote.

• Hey Lou:

If you’re still listening, sorry for going so over the top in my comments last evening. I’ve edited them for sanity. My poor excuse—because there are no others—is that my brother was over for BBQ, a fire, and some booze. I was a bit too far into the sauce to be trusted with an Internet connection about then.

Thanks for reading and commenting and please don’t take me too seriously when I spout off stupidly.

• Bobbie says:

Richard. THIS “national healthcare” is INSURANCE. private for profit insurance. Just trying to insert some sanity into a badly broken structure.

3. Invisible Caveman says:

I hear you, Richard. I’m already prepared to pay the “fee” for refusing the public health care option, though I wish it wasn’t figured on a % of our annual income. How unfortunate that those of us who refuse the coverage are going to be charged anyway just for having principles. Of course it might be a similar $ amount only without the coverage, which means they get your $ either way. I still think it shouldn’t be mandatory.

• Bobbie says:

The “fee for refusing the public healthcare option”???? How illiterate are you? There is NO public option.

• Richard DeBenedetto says:

Caveman, without taking into consideration the fact that here in Texas universal coverage for
      those of us who operate a motor vehicle was herlald as ‘windfall profits’ for the insurance industry.
      The reasons for the legislation include protection of those with insurance from those without it. I am sure that the lobbyists for the insurance industry lost little sleep when the universal coverage law/mandate was passed. The current heat over universl health coverage clouds the reality and the opportunity for rational debate. The Obama administration is certainly not the harbinger of the gradual and persistent erosion of our civil rights. The answer is eventual, nebulous, unclear,but no doubt the prelude to an upheaval of huge proportions since we are not ready as a nation to face our true selves or responsibility for our fellow man.

• Uh, Richard DeBenedetto:

Can you point me to the provision in the Texas law where people get their cars fixed at no cost to them if they can’t afford it?

Im sure it’ll take just a sec to find.

Thanks, man.

• “or responsibility for our fellow man”

Uh sorry, Richard, but I’m just having a though time of figuring out exactly what is my responsibility to my fellow man,

By responsibility, I’m assuming you mean really serious shit, so could you please enumerate for me my responsibility?

4. carlos morales says:

I really like this quotes regarding this rediculous fucking bill
    “Let me get this straight.. . . We’re going to be “gifted” with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don’t, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, passed by a Congress that didn’t read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President who smokes,with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, for which we’ll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that’s broke!!!!! ‘What the hell could possibly go wrong?'”

• carlos morales says:

Fucked up on my grammar skills there

• Chloe says:

It’s a myth that Congress members are exempt from the ACA. In fact, members of Congress and their staff will be required to purchase insurance on an exchange starting in 2014 (whereas now they get to choose a plan under the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program).

5. John Dunning says:

Kinda makes me want to be a cash only, no paper trail, illegal citizen.

6. We might as well go piss in the wind, for all the bullshit this country’s come to…

7. Respectfully, I think your characterizations of the health care law are pretty inaccurate. States run their own health care exchanges under the Affordable Care Act. States largely run their own Medicaid programs–and, thanks to SCOTUS, can opt-out of the Medicaid expansion if they so choose. So it’s simply inaccurate to call the ACA “nationalized.” I think your contention that ObamaCare creates a “collectivized” health care system is preposterous. Affluent people can still buy costly, gold-plated health plans if they want to. The ACA simply defines insurance. I think that’s important; consumers can distinguish between a health care plan and garbage masquerading as insurance.
    Moreover, even if you conceptualize being insured as “getting a bill from a company,” there’s no escaping the reality that you are already subsidizing the care of the uninsured. When someone without insurance shows up to the ER, and cannot afford to pay, the hospital passes those costs on to your insurer, which in turn raises your premiums. Health care is a singular market; there is no such thing as opting out, regardless of one’s insurance status. I can’t speak for other supporters of the ACA, but I don’t see it as furthering some goal of a “risk-free life.” I see it as getting us somewhat closer to a sane and rational market in which each of participates, like it or not.

I just also want to say that I appreciate the open, free-flowing manner in which you run this blog. Nice to be able to engage in spirited debate. It guards against group think.

• K. Wilson says:

Interesting choice of words there “sane and rational market”. Tell me what would happen if no one had insurance. If everyone were forced to pay their own medical costs? Very few people would seek medical services, decreasing the demand for those services. If the demand for the services decrease the providers of those services will do one of two things; they will increase the price to accommodate their overhead costs or they will lower the cost in order to engage more clients and keep their business above water. If they raise costs, fewer and fewer people will seek services. Eventually they will destroy their own market and new entrepreneurs will enter the market at a lower price point to meet the demand for affordable service. If they lower the cost to begin with more people will seek the service. Insurance CREATES a false market. On another note- Do we actually need all the healthcare services that we have? Is there any point at all to having a person locked up in a long term care facility that costs 6-8 thousand dollars per month plus medication fees? What about accepting your fate and dying when nature intends for you to die. Nature should take its course.

• Shameer M. says:

“I can’t speak for other supporters of the ACA, but I don’t see it as furthering some goal of a “risk-free life.” I see it as getting us somewhat closer to a sane and rational market in which each of participates, like it or not.”

Participation should be voluntary, not forced. If you don’t understand that, then you don’t understand freedom. I don’t want my premiums going up because someone else is too lazy to pay or because of some illegal looking for a free ride / lunch. Plus it is unconstitutional for the Feds to force individuals to buy insurance (per Commerce Clause). The big winners in this scam are the insurance companies and Wall Street, the very punks that fund both parties. It’s no coincidence.

• I would suggest that you fundamentally do not understand what it means to participate in a market. If you had no insurance, and had a heart attack/stroke/were in a car accident, would you go to the emergency room? Or would you just say: “Meh, this was the risk I took by living. I’ll just let myself die.” If you would go to the ER, you are participating in the market, regardless of whether you have insurance or whether you can afford to pay your bill.

• K:

“Insurance CREATES a false market.”

While I agree essentially with your whole comment, it’s important to distinguish between real insurance and so-called “health maintenance.”

People have falsely bought the notion that “insurance” means they never pay for anything, or damn little, like a co-pay or small deductible and every time they get a sniffle, into the doctor they go.

Real insurance it’s what’s now called “catastrophic coverage.” You pay the first 2, 3, 4, 5K during any 1-year period and then you’re covered fully. Many of these sorts of plans can still be had pretty inexpensively, and that’s insurance. In this way, people aren’t running to the doctor for every little hung nail, because it will cost them out of pocket.

• “I would suggest that you fundamentally do not understand what it means to participate in a market.”

Actually, it’s you who doesn’t understand. But you’ll have to wait for my next post to see why.

• Paul C says:

My understanding is that major factors far outweigh the demand for petty services or ERs full of poor people in the driving up of healthcare costs. #1 being multiple heart surgeries on someone that would have died in the past, or lifelong diabetic-associated care — extremely expensive prolonged care on the relatively few. #2 is doctor shortage with no plans to open more med school slots, plus a 20 year lag between such plans and pumping out new doctors if it were to happen. Population growth alone will lead to rapid cost increase if the supply of providers is static.

• Chloe says:

Thank you, Matt, for your clarifying remarks. I agree with everything you said. I am honestly surprised that so many people on this forum, and elsewhere, have such antipathy for for Obamacare. Maybe I’m just a socialist at heart. Or a scientist. There is a lot of good evidence to suggest that societies with greater levels of inequality have poorer psychological and physical health. It’s not just poor people who suffer when there’s large degrees of inequality in income and access to healthcare–it’s everyone.

• Just like I wrote in my most recent post:

“….everyone clamoring to live at the expense of everyone else. It’s all just cannibal pot-dynamics from here on out: who goes in the pot, or who gets to feast.”

Right on cue, Chloe. Thanks.

• Chloe says:

If you want to live in a country where everyone is out for themselves and there’s no sense of collective responsibility, well, (a) good luck finding one that’s not a war-torn hellhole and (b) have fun. You’ll be missed, I’m sure.

• “If you want to live in a country where everyone is out for themselves…”

That is actually the metaphysical reality for the human species everywhere. I simply choose to attempt to live in accordance with it and take my chances.

You, Chloe, wish to have the option to live at the expense of others, and are willing to use the murderous force of government (guns, jails, seizure, fines) against other to do it.

In short, you are living the worst possible sort of life, out for yourself, such that you are willing to have the lives of others harmed and destroyed to your own ends.

I’m talking about really being out for yourself, not your kind of being out for yourself.

• Chloe says:

I’m living the “worst possible sort of life”? OH FOR FUCK’S SAKE. What ridiculous, Kruse-level hyperbole. If you think the primary functions of the government are to murder, imprison, fine, and seize, you need to take advantage of the health insurance you have and go see a doctor.

• Yes, the worst possible sort of life is to use and harm others against their will, toward your own ends, via the force and coercion of government. It’s just a bit worse than being a thief yourself, because being a thief yourself makes you accountable and puts you at actual risk for your own actions.

It’s morally superior to what you advocate. If you want someone’s money, go steal it yourself.

“If you think the primary functions of the government are to murder, imprison, fine, and seize….”

The primary function of government is to force and coerce people against their will. That’s it’s reason d’etre, for, if people deemed that there was no need for coercion, it follows that there would be no need for government.

On death and murder by government (democide):

Over 133,147,000 Murdered: Pre-Twentieth Century Democide

Over 169,202,000 Murdered: 20th Century Democide

Those 302 million murdered do not include those murdered in wars, pre- and 20th century (such as the 600,000 Lincoln and his criminal gang killed in a “civil” war).

On imprisonment:

“Based on the latest figures from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the Drug War Chronicle estimates that more than 530,000 people were behind bars for drug offenses in the U.S. at the end of last year. Drug offenders accounted for about 25 percent of jail inmates, 21 percent of state prison inmates, and 55 percent of federal prison inmates. The total number of people behind bars was about 2.3 million, an all-time record, giving the U.S. an incarceration rate of 724 per 100,000–the highest in the world, according to the Chronicle, which says we even beat out China this time.”

Here’s a chart produced by CATO:

New High In U.S. Prison Numbers

US: Record Numbers for World’s Leading Jailer

The British Government’s World Prison Population List (fifth edition):

“Over 9 million people are held in penal institutions throughout the world, mostly as pre-trial detainees (remand prisoners) or having been convicted and sentenced. About half of these are in the United States (2.03m), Russia (0.86m) or China (1.51m plus pre-trial detainees and prisoners in ‘administrative detention’).

“The United States has the highest prison population rate in the world, some 701 per 100,000 of the national population, followed by Russia (606), Belarus (554), Kazakhstan and the U.S. Virgin Islands (both 522), the Cayman Islands (501), Turkmenistan (489), Belize (459), Bermuda (447), Suriname (437), Dominica (420) and Ukraine (415).”

On Police, law & order:

If you go to YouTube and type in police, you’ll see that ‘police brutality’ is the top search phrase for a phrase beginning with police.

There’s only 42,400 results, so I’m sure you can get the gist of it in short order.

OK, I’ll stop now. It’s just another Kruse-level hyperbolic day in “The Land of the Free.” People’ll be hootin’ and hollerin’ it up this time tomorrow.

• Chloe says:

So from what I can tell, you’re arguing that ALL government (federal, state, local) is evil? And without them we’d be free of social problems? We’d really be better off? Laf.

• “So from what I can tell”

Fuckin’ not very much, Chloe, but to be frank, I didn’t expect even that teensy little bit out of you, so I was wrong.

And here’s what makes you look dishonest, if not just a moron: I never, ever, ever asset how anyone but my own self will be “be better off.”

Who even talks like that?

Who the fuck am I to judge how…what’ like 7 billion people…will be “better off.” most moronic presumption I can think of and what hurts is that you implicitly embrace that sort of moron in your post. You really think you know, don’t you?

I have zero no fucking idea. Fuck, I spent way too many years just trying to figure out what would make a hot woman here and there “better off.” As invested as I was, I ultimately failed.

But I get it. You’re really fucking smart, eh?

• Oh, and Chloe,

I just wanted to thank you for acknowledging the hundreds of millions dead, the millions imprisoned with theirs and their family’s lives essentially fucked, and the thousands who get subjected to police brutality because well, hey them’s them and we’re us.

Way to go, girl.

• K. Wilson says:

Right on Richard- I should have spelled out the difference. I used the common vernacular instead, and people have a general tendency to refer to their health plan as insurance.

• Chloe says:

Again with hyperbole, Richard. Can you even tell you what you’re talking about at this point? Because I sure as hell can’t. If you’re so against governments–at all levels and in countries, it seems–please go build yourself a shack in a remote jungle where you can soak in an ice bath all day, not pay taxes, and not benefit from any government services. Yes, I’m quite smart. And yes, I disagree with virtually all of your political opinions. Why don’t you fucking relax or go brag about how many comments this post has generated.

• Oh, Chloe, I mean, Spiro Agnew, like you own the place–and I cherish how you’ll bust your ass hunting for what that reference means; because, you see, sweet ass, I’ve been at this very thing for 20 years and it only seems to you that I don’t know what I’m talking about because of your abject ignorance,

Sweet pea: you are ignorant, not stupid, just ignorant. It’s laughable from where I sit, but things are what they are.

Good job, BTW, standing up for the unrighteousness murdered, imprisoned, brutalized. I guess all is really fuckimg cools with youz. That’s a good thing, becaue I always wish everyone well.

8. BabyGirl says:

George Wallace was right. There isn’t a dime’s worth of difference between the two parties.

9. Steve says:

Well, there is already a definition of insurance, it has been around for awhile. No one ever had any trouble knowing what it meant till recently. Covering for routine care is not insurance, that is a health plan. Covering the unexpected, like cancer or a trauma, is insurance. That is why your car insurance doesn’t pay for oil changes or the dents to be fixed in your newly purchased used car. Calling this insurance starts this debate off on dishonest foot to begin with.There used to be really good charity hospitals, that did good, cutting edge work, for free, or close to it, back in the day. Did rich people have better? Yes, someone will always have better than the masses, no matter what the system. I am no healthcare historian, but it seems to me, as more people got insurance, Medicaid and Medicare, and were further removed from paying attention to the actual cost of healthcare, the more cost went up. New developments and treatment also bring up costs, no one develops new technologies and drugs for free. The government might try to, but it is never really free, and the things governments develop, usually suck. I work in health care, and sorry Matt, but we are fucked. I see Medicaid/Medicare dialysis patients come in every year around the holidays. I have had them admit to me, they go off their very strict diets, and skip dialysis, because they can just come into the hospital and get treated for a week, at the cost of tens of thousands of dollars to you and me, but no cost to them, and make up for it after the holidays. This will get worse with more guaranteed healthcare coverage. Unless we are willing to let people die that we know are abusing the system. And we will not. The other huge cost, treating elderly and chronically ill patients, where we are just delaying the inevitable (yes, I know, it is inevitable for all of us. Maybe imminent is a better word), I see this every fucking day. Even when it is not what the patient wanted, but now that they have no voice, it is what a family member wants. You would be surprised how often a family member wants to keep a “loved one” around and have us make their last days a living hell just to keep a benefits check coming in as long as possible. Why not, no money out of the family members pocket, unless the benefits stop coming in, of course. I don’t see this country willing to confront the hard issues of end of life care any time soon, so that cost will just get worse too. The healthcare system is going to collapse, it is just a question of when. This law did not do anything to confront the real issues of healthcare costs, it just bought some votes with other peoples money. When I first started reading this blog, I couldn’t believe Richards attitude toward politics and voting. Now, I am not too far from being spot on with him. The great experiment has failed, and it’s just a matter of time till the whole deal blows up in our faces.
    Hope this one made a little more sense than my last reply did Richard!

• Steve – That is pretty much my take on it. I’m not really seeing how health insurance companies will continue to be able to do business and remain profitable, given the caps on profits, large amount of new coverages (no lifetime limits, no denial for pre-existing conditions, etc.) Like you point out, it is more apt to call them health care/plan companies.

Most of the tax bloggers I see talking about this issue see no reason why a lot of people would carry “health insurance” until they actually get sick, as the tax/penalty (oh wait, mandate) and purchased care (via the group plans) as needed in many cases would be far less than carrying full coverage year round. Sure, the bill does provide a few incentives for preventive care, but we are dealing with the rank and file, I believe what the talking heads say, here. How many people do you think will make major lifestyle changes to avoid expensive procedures later on? When they know that they can gratify themselves now and have the procedures covered under their “insurance” plan. Basically, it just continues to remove incentives to be personally accountable for their own health and lifestyle choices.

I do like a load of what it is requiring the companies to do, but I resent that it took a fucking gun to the head in the form of a congressional act to get there.

• “Well, there is already a definition of insurance, it has been around for awhile. No one ever had any trouble knowing what it meant till recently. Covering for routine care is not insurance, that is a health plan. Covering the unexpected, like cancer or a trauma, is insurance.”

Finally, someone with a brain.

10. I am an atheist. I have not had, believed in or wanted a god in years. Come 2014, I will become a christian scientist. Why, religious exemption. I will not pay for this BS. I will not give other lazy, fat, unmotivated unthinking scum my hard earned money. I have had debilitating psoriatic arthritis and skin psoriasis for almost 20 years. Now I am a LC paleo hack and took control of my life a year ago, I fixed the problem. So many diseases could easily be fixed as I have set a dozen friends on the road to recovery.

What happened to the american homesteader spirit? What happened to independence? What happened to inner and outer strength? What happened to self resolution. Or bring no harm to others (as all socialism always harms someone).

4th of July and all “Government Holidays” from here on out, I will be dressed in black. Mourning the death of a once great experiment.

• What happened? Simple. We spread out across the country and won all our wars.

If you’re a politician, “I will do absolutely nothing because we’re pretty much all set!” is a losing campaign slogan. Most readers here might like that platform, but then most of us don’t vote. Winning campaign platforms all follow the form “The world is fucked because of the other guy and I’m here to fix it”

Americans have some innate national need for constant improvement. The problem with constant improvement is that you start asymptotically approaching “nothing left to do” for a particular issue. As you do, the “improvements” become smaller and smaller, but people need to feel like they’re doing good, so the passions involved grow exponentially.

There was an article written by a mom who let her ten year old ride the bus alone for a few blocks in NYC. The kid did it and was fine. Mom got a deluge of hate mail telling her how horrible she was. Now, back in the day, kids rode the bus alone all the fucking time and no one thought it was dangerous, and statistics show that if anything, riding on the bus is safer now than it ever was. But the law of continuous improvement states that good parenting has to get better every generation, even if “better” means “removal of trivial risk with great fanfare”. So now any adult male near a child is viewed as a potential rapist and moms drive their kids to the school a hundred yards down the road.

If I have kids, I’m willing to bet that I’ll get arrested because I made them play outside without sunscreen. Assuming this whole farce hasn’t imploded yet, of course.

11. What a fitting post near our country’s anniversary. We may have no real choice, but I love the USA because you can express yourself openly, obscene as it may be towards our leaders and what they offer (or don’t). Try that in China (another capitalist country) where they definitely have no real choice. Happy Rebellion Day my Friend!

• Pretty sad when you have to use China for your baseline comparisons. Canada has universal healthcare, and we can talk shit about our government as well.

12. I used to have a small group plan for my business but ten years or so ago I got tired of the whole thing and dropped it, now I have an individual plan with a huge deductible. It’s not so much health insurance as bankruptcy insurance. Unless I need an organ transplant it’s out of pocket.

If I go to a doctor I pay cash but I don’t go to doctors so the point is moot. Back around 2005 I had a wound that looked ugly so I went into a walk-in clinic, they did a good job at a reasonable price.

I’ve pretty much dropped out of the health care system, the one thing I would like to have is the opportunity to buy a supply of morphine just in case something goes wrong, cause morphine is a damned good thing to have around.

• “I used to have a small group plan for my business but ten years or so ago I got tired of the whole thing and dropped it, now I have an individual plan with a huge deductible. It’s not so much health insurance as bankruptcy insurance. Unless I need an organ transplant it’s out of pocket.”

Yea, see everyone? Rob has INSURANCE.

“Back around 2005 I had a wound that looked ugly so I went into a walk-in clinic, they did a good job at a reasonable price.”

From the time I left the Navy in 1992 to 2001 I had no insurance. When I needed something I’d call around to find what it would cost and chose the one that sounded the best. My wife recently wanted a 2nd & 3rd opinion on some sinus issue. She used Yelp to find highly rated specialists, went to a few of them and her consults generally cost about $100 each out of pocket.

People have been conditioned to think that they should not have to pay for their own medical care and procedures.

13. I’m to the left on social issues. Way to the left of most people on here. Reason is because as a minority, I just feel for me and my family, and many that I know, liberal policy is more fair and humane. I really only care about immigration, social justice, and healthcare. Other stuff I don’t care. I like healthcare reform, but think there should’ve been a public option.

The tragedy of this healthcare mess is if people’d just EAT F*CKING REAL FOOD like Richard says, that’s your health care reform right there and there. However, there’s the issue of free will. Personally, while banning is authoritarian and bad, I really don’t see the problem with just taxing shit like supersize cola drinks. HFCS shouldn’t be subsidized. It should be even more expensive than it is for the consumer.

That said, I’ve disengaged from politics. Don’t read blogs. Don’t read newspapers. I don’t want to watch it. I found that I’d be getting passionate and caring about stuff that doesn’t matter at all like ‘judicial appointments’ or ‘the environment’. It fucks up your priorities, and makes you all stressed and shit. It’s very subtle–but what you put in your mind, is what dwells on your mind. If you go to bed or wake up, and politics are in one’s head, for me that’s out of balance.

How many here have tried the low-information diet? It’s awesome. If anything truly important happens I’ll find out through facebook or a friend anyway. I stay far far far away from politics now, online, on TV, or even if we’re with friends and they start talking politics I’ll just go quiet and mentally check out.

• jenny says:

William,

I agree with you, however, we have an incredibly ignorant populace. The vast majority of Americans have no clue what real food even is. People in government who decide what gets taxes make up some of that majority. I agree that HFCS should not be subsidized. Nor should any farming. Because, once you accept subsidies, you lose your illusory “free will” to grow what you would like to grow. Because the government’s understanding of what food is, if we leave it up to them to tax what is unhealthy, red meat and fat will be among the first to go. Already it’s easier to get pot than raw milk.

Also, because we are kept as an easily controlled nation by being brainwashed with the illusion of individuality and independence in public schools that rely on government funds, with the true agenda of conformity. Really, public schools have become institutions that prepare our children for either the military or prisons. We love to think that we have free will because we have freedom of speech. It is rare that we are given the opportunity for freedom of thought.

• “How many here have tried the low-information diet? It’s awesome.”

Wise man, William in DC. Yep, it’s like about 4 or 5 years ago now that I shut off the cable news channels and talk radio, never to return. Important news will find its way to you.

• K. Wilson says:

“The tragedy of this healthcare mess is if people’d just EAT F*CKING REAL FOOD like Richard says, that’s your health care reform right there and there.”

What is their incentive to do so? They do not have an immediate consequence. Many human beings are lazy and will seek the easiest, least immediate expense option. If people actually had to pay out of pocket for all those diabetes medications and cholesterol medication and doctor’s office visits, don’t you think they would start modifying the behavior that caused them to go through all that hassle to start with. Either that or they would not seek care and essentially become sicker and sicker and Die. That would be their CHOICE. One that they are perfectly entitled to make. As it stands in Obamacare- they eat all the cheap easy crap that they want- get as sick as they want- go to the doctor as much as they- get as much medicine as they want and will pay the same amount as person that CHOOSES to live in a healthy natural way.

14. Jim Breuer has a take on politics that I realized, upon hearing it, echoes my own thinking. He puts into more succinct and hilarious words than I could.

This is only an audio clip from YouTube but worth the half-hour to listen to it:

Not only are both parties the same, but the media outlets are the same and all politics are a sham. It’s a con being played on the American people every day, and we go along with it because we think we can change things.

He says it’s the genius of government marketing. Exactly. It’s all marketing and promotion, fluff and window dressing, no substance.

15. Elenor says:

I found it dismaying that one of the ‘anecdotal stories’ the TV news used (over and over) about this frightening healthcare program of the Obamination was a 6-yr-old girl who has had a kidney transplant, and whose current meds cost $2000 a month. She has already reached her parents’ insurance limit of ONE MILLION DOLLARS!! This mother was oh-so-happy and grateful that now, with obamacare, the insurance company would be on the hook for millions MORE for this (one) child. It’s a terrible terrible quandary that also destroys the future of the country. If one child had already cost more than one million dollars (and will continue to cost huge, huge amounts (of someone else’s money) for the rest of her life; and we’re adding (what’s it? sixty million) more folks — mostly folks without the brain power, time, energy, ability, or whatever to try to manage their own health, much less their health insurance!?), is there even that much money on the globe?!

And yes, it seems harsh and cruel to say: “this child has had enough paid-for-by-others care — good luck and hope she makes it.” How many thousands of OTHER little children need a million dollars of kidney transplants and expensive meds forever?! (To say nothing of parents, and single adults, and, well, humans with a variety of expensive health needs!) Where does anyone think all this money will come from?!

You wanna avoid “death panels”? How can there NOT be death panels, when there isn’t enough money to provide all the goodies these politician-sellouts keep promising. (“Anything you want; anything at all; just re-elect me!”) I haven’t had health insurance since 1996. That means I buy my health CARE or do without. Yeah, it’s scary: I have some symptoms that are indicative of Parkinson’s (my eye doctor said, with great concern); but since I can’t DO anything about it except diet and vitamins, {shrug} that’s what I do. I can’t even afford catastrophic insurance — and part of that is due to all the free care we’re giving to the poor and illegals! They can (and do) walk into any ER and get ‘free’ care — but I can’t (because the hospital knows that by going after ME, they can get (some or all) their money)!

(Did you know, by the way, that the health care system *way* overcharge folks without health insurance, because the insurance companies have all negotiated discounts, which uninsured folks (well, the ones who DO pay) can’t get? Lovely system we’ve got here.) (Not.)

• Marnee says:

You don’t need death panels. You just need rationing. In Canada they call this wait lists.

16. Natalie says:

I used to get really angry about the supposedly free universal healthcare (free lunch, yeah right), but know I kind of support it. Why? Well, the government is going to run out of money and people will either have to take better care of themselves or go the way of the dinosaurs. Most of the healthcare costs are related to lifestyle diseases, probably mostly preventable if people switch to paleo (or even Weston Price).

17. Jim Dippy says:

Also, Fuck L. Ron Hubbard
    And fuck all his clones
    Fuck all these gun-toting
    Hip gangster wanna-bes

18. I also enjoyed the following George Carlin video It’s a big club and you ain’t in it.

If being dry anally raped hurts you too much, either get some lube and use it or GTFO and buy your own island somewhere nice. You can afford it.

• “or GTFO and buy your own island somewhere nice.”

Spiro Agnew _always_ shows up in discussions like these.

• That’s why those motherfuckers advocate a World Government. EU, World Bank, UN, …
      There’ll be no island left for your virgin ass!

• Oh, noes! Argumentum ad Agnewum.

If you were in the “big club”, you’d be laughing. You’re not in the “big club”, so you’re moaning. Ah, diddums! You’re much richer that I am, yet you’re moaning and I’m content. I find that quite amusing.

19. Paleo & Libertarian Group on Facebook where we like minded individuals get together and talk (rant/complain) about this stuff… :)

20. Angie says:

Yes to all this. And I can’t take NPR reporting/ interviews without wanting to reach into my radio and bunch somebody in the face. Too many assumptions, it’s pseudo intellectual, their facade of neutrality, etc. There is an interview Terry Gross did with Gene Simmons that I think is brilliant because Simmons is dialed in to the NPR crap and intentionally offends Terry’s liberal sensibilities. Awesome. It’s worth googling.

21. tim_lebsack says:

re: “Blame it on John Roberts, because he started it.”
    I disagree with the ruling, but it is wrong to make Roberts the scapegoat regarding Obamadeath. Other Supreme Court Justices, many delegates to Congress, a worthless President, and millions of Americans also share blame.

22. ___”__
    Freedom can actually really suck sometimes on a practical level, but that doesn’t give you moral right to make others your slaves because you’re an insecure little pussy with big investments in status quo who can’t take what life dishes out.
    ___”__

I guess people who advocate for all of this are even less moral than politicians, because they basically just vote. You want to be a Hitman? Do it yourself and don’t pay another man for it.

23. ChrisD says:

I want to chime in here about the people who constantly bleat about how they dont want their “hard-earned dollars” going to subsidize “lazy and illegals” who want to take advantage of the system.

My wife and I both work full time jobs and we have to use a government subsidized health insurance plan for our daughter. Without it, we would have to spend hundreds of dollars we simply don’t have every month through our company’s insurance plan, which already costs us several hundred dollars per month.

Of cpurse, we have to pay for daycare and transportation to our jobs as well as rent, food, etc and we do our best to eat paleo and start our daughter on a paleo diet.

At the end on the month, we can barely cover all of our costs. I will tell you what, there are a lot of people like us. We are not lazy and we are not taking unfair advantage of the system. Countries like France and Norway have subsidized daycares, insurance and education, and your average citizen who works normal hours at a 40 hr/week job can raise a family, have them educated and enjoy decent healthcare. No country is perfect, but I am sorry, that is the way things should be done.

When universities and hospitals are run like private businesses, things quickly go to shit. The “free market” was allowed to run itself and guess what? Wall Street took a nose dive, corporations lied, cheated and stole. Our children are some of the most poorly educated in the world. Our health care standards are awful. The gap between the richest and the poorest has yawned into a chasm wider than in the entire history of this country. The fear-mongers and knee-jerk conservatives bleat and point to socialist countries and their high taxes, their waves of unwelcome immigrants and their crumbling economies, but I ask them: what do you suggest as an alternative? I mean a REAL alternative? The system would have to be torn down completely to do what some of you are suggesting and that’s not going to happen any time soon. So what do you suggest? Things cannot go on as they are.

People jabber about how their parent’s generation would be ashamed of the current generation and how they struggled and made something of themselves. I have news for you: the world was very different then. Anybody who lived at that time will tell you that. People worked hard, yes, but your work took you much further and got you much more than today, so let’s stop romanticizing it. Things are different now. You can work your whole life now and grind and scrape to provide your children with the bare necessities and it may STILL not be enough. Something has to change. At least Obama is trying something.

• Chloe says:

Agreed.

• “When universities and hospitals are run like private businesses, things quickly go to shit. The “free market” was allowed to run itself and guess what?”

Laf ChrisD. Last I checked, just the laws at the federal level are contained in 50 volumes for 23,000 pages.

Free market running itself indeed.

You know, I’m sorry to say, but your whole deal reads like one big whine and the bottom line is that you want money taken from other people by force to pay for things you want. What a shame to live that way.

• K. Wilson says:

“what do you suggest as an alternative? I mean a REAL alternative? The system would have to be torn down completely to do what some of you are suggesting and that’s not going to happen any time soon. So what do you suggest? Things cannot go on as they are.”

And what EXACTLY is wrong with tearing down the system and starting over. Can we not admit that we as a country have made many, many mistakes? I will point you to a couple quotes by one of the founding fathers, Thomas Jefferson.

“The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits.”

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”

“God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty…. And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.”

Try to remember what our government is actually supposed to be instead of looking for someone to take care of every problem you have. Government paid child care is a sham. Yes it is hard but it is doable- I make less than 30,000 a year and have three kids. I work days my husband works nights its a sacrifice we make to make sure that WE raise our children instead of a babysitter or an institution. Oh- and we don’t have food stamps either even though we qualify- Why? because we budget our money and buy real food and don’t cook out of boxes. It takes more time but it teaches our children to rely on themselves instead of a government hand out.

• AndrewS says:

@ChrisD, you’ve done an excellent job of echoing the talking points given out by Jon Stewart and Stephan Colbert, but they address straw men.

Wall Street does not represent the “free market” but corporatism. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are not free market, and along with the CRA destroyed the notion of free markets in the mortgage industry. The conflict-of-interest set up by the mandate of using ratings agency contributed to the most recent bubble.

Before Medicare and Medicaid, a family like yours would have gone to a local doctor or hospital and most likely would have obtained that care at a discount. Now, government-mandated handouts have driven that charity away. People like you think you have the *right* to take money from others, instead of the humility to *ask* for help.

The knowledge and technology that keeps people, young and old, like your daughter, alive didn’t come from government bureaucrats but rather from entrepreneurs, inventors, and scientists. Those bureaucrats have set up a system that rewards companies for inventing synthetic drugs and discourages research into natural foods, vitamins, and minerals. So long as you’re asking a bureaucrat to give you a handout, you’re basically giving them power to suppress the paleo movement.

What you’re asking for isn’t charity, although I think many of those here who you think you are arguing against would be willing to give such charity. You’re asking for armed thugs to steal money from everyone else and then give you a handout, and then you cry “fairness!” or whatever the shit is to justify it.

I’m with Rand here: take the handout that the government is offering, because god knows they’re stealing an awful lot from you already. But don’t get caught up trying to justify the morality of those handouts.

24. H. Itler says:

Great post Richard!
    fuck the poor, ignorant trailer trash scumbags. I’m not paying for their stupidity.
    The sooner they’re removed from the gene pool the better!
    They should wise up and copy me. I know how to look after myself. I can chop wood, hunt deer – real man’s stuff. Basically I’m a self-reliant modern day frontiersman and if there were more like me this country wouldn’t be the commie cesspit it’s become.
    god that felt good

25. Fear of progress ,is still fear.

26. Christo says:

LOl Richard is on point about the idiotic absurdity of “voting” but still supports those limp wrist cocksuckers at NPR…the alternative for people who cant stomach Fox and CNN but still haven’t entirely pierced the veil of illusion that is big media.

27. “but still supports those limp wrist cocksuckers at NPR”

NPR has a lot of in-depth programs and extensive interviews. Basically, I listen to it for the author and musician interviews by Terry Gross and Ira Flato’s Science Friday.

Trackbacks

1. [...] http://freetheanimal.com/2012/07/fuck-obama-fuck-romney-fuck-obomney-care.html You know what? I might just as well move back to France, now. Food is better. My 3-bedroom flat on the Med was better. Women are still a general delight to behold, and some bear their nekkid breasts on beaches, in plain view of your Med flat-balcony. I suppose I find it more and more difficult to have any pride about having largely lived an “American Ethic;” that is, the sort of thing that has drawn people here, risking their whole lives—my entire dad’s family of 8 in 1952—just to get here. They used to come for the ethic and opportunity of an honest-to-god opportunity. Now, democrats want them to come because of general bread and circuses. Republicans want to bar them from coming because of general bread and circuses. What do you think of this post?Awesome (0) Interesting (0) Useful (0) Boring (0) Sucks (0) Be Sociable, Share! Tweet Twitter Facebook Del.icio.us Reddit July 2, 2012 | Posted in: Donkeyrock | No Comments » [...]

2. [...] Posts RSS ← Fuck Obama. Fuck Romney. Fuck Obomney Care [...]