A Few Words About Donald Trump

Thursday morning I took off from San Jose, CA, about 11am, destination Placerville. Next morning, left my X5 and took my brother’s new Ford F-250 northeast on Hwy 50 towards Tahoe and after the descent from Echo Summit, cut east and then southeast on Hwy 89 over Monitor Pass, intersecting Hwy 395 just south of Topaz Lake.

From that point, it’s mostly south by southeast, then after lots of hours, a cut southwest on Hwy 14, then northwest on 58, ending up late in the late afternoon in Tehachapi, not far from Mojave, to pick up a 6,500 lb. package from another brother. This morning, I headed west to Bakersfield, then northwest on Interstate 5, back to San Jose for the delivery. 17-hour, drive-time loop.

…The truck was equipped with satellite radio, so I found myself on the part of the dial comprising NPR, BBC, and a few commie and fascist talk channels—lafing my ass off about all of it.

Yep: Donald Trump.

Never since Ross Perot has a non-politician (though Perot earned his data systems billions via government contracts…not casinos or posh R/E) created such a stir, and Trump is doing it by basically telling everyone to go fuck off, and I just love it. They literally do not know what to do with him. Fuck the pink-panty-ass republicans—like that closet cock-sucker Erick Erickson, who’s simply posturing for R-pussy points. Fuck the Republican elite.

I haven’t the slightest care in the world what Trump’s “positions on the issues” are. Fuck “the issues,” too. What I do know is that he’s sucking the air out of all rooms, and he’s doing it pretty much by telling everyone to get over themselves and just go fuck off. But in a nicer way. :)

Agitators, who are just about every single body, now—commie or fascist—don’t get it. Trump is playing the highest stakes game in the world—reminiscent of feudal Lords with vast swaths of land and armies. But he’s not engaging the process by lavish means or their polite rules—dreamt up by all the heirs to lavish and lavishly stolen fortunes over centuries, who’re worried about their fortune-ate inheritances. I doubt he’s playing for keeps. My guess is, something irritates him a lot and he’s willing to spend a lot of millions to shine a light on it.

If you don’t think he’s capable of playing the game by “the rulz,” for the regular feeding of bird-nest regurgitate to fans and stupid people…but I repeat myself…then you’re basically just really dumb and consequentially, hopeless and dismissable. There’s no way he doesn’t know what he’s doing, and that is to position himself in such a way that nobody can compete with him (see: sucking air out of all rooms). Trump is paving the way for complete non-politicians to come participate; to shine a light on what a bunch of pathetic fucktards—who can’t even say what they mean— they are…to have to have people write their speeches and advise them on every sentence they utter.

…Anyway, nobody should be President. It’s really the most pathetic spectacle in the world, everyone clamoring over a waste of a year to two, getting their 1/300 millionth “say” in who’s going to rule them next.

…I first heard of Political Correctness (the name ought give it away…like, how to lie most popularly) sitting on my couch reading Reason in print in Toulon, France, in 1990 or 91. Didn’t think much of it, but noted over the next 25 years how everything that used to be really funny, kinda funny, pause-worthy, or way overboard (we had minds to judge these things) when I was growing up (and what was funny vs. not funny changed, naturally, organically,as I grew up) was just not funny anymore: but politically, not socially.

When politics overtakes, and then drives social conscience, I think it’s an enormous problem that could ultimately get a lot of people killed. And why? The goodies. One can be rewarded with all manner of free stuff at the expense of other people if one recites catechisms, and then rains hellfire on those who’re a little more rough around the edges. Try taking all that away. There are university centers and whole careers based around this, now; and they don’t employ generalists, but specialists, and Trump might expose what a bad thing that is to do. They have no where else to go, and most of them are young women with super expensive degrees paid for with other people’s money.

So far, Trump has been remarkably frank and real, by his own standards, and from my porch overlooking the world, it’s way past overdue and I could not care one single runny shit what he thinks about anything; but mostly, that he’s frank in telling everyone what he does think at any spur of a moment.

If we’re lucky, he’ll use the word “cunt” in a sentence before it’s all over; because, as we know, there is literally no greater sin in the world (so long as it’s leveled at a female; calling a male a cunt is still damn funny, amiright?).

…I’m not looking for a president and neither ought anyone else. That’s the essential difference, here…between me and stupid people who’re going to once again spout off about crassness and vulgarity and being blunt and rude and whatever, for the billionth boring time. Fuck off.

The Politically Correct scam to steal billions from people and society in real dollars, wasted time, trashed careers, and emotional distress co-opted what was once politesse, which was something one learned over time from parents, grandparents, siblings…eventually classmates and the opposite sex…most importantly…and then co-workers and social circles…and everyone evolved in that natural dynamic by navigating it and going aground on the rocks from time-to-time. It was embrace-worthy, but now it’s been deformed, co-opted, and weaponized for political and monetary gain. It’s now tantamount to a social death sentence if you have—now or any time in the past—said or written “incorrect” things.

So, all you cunts can just go fuck off, and I’m not interested in any of it, anymore.

Ruined.

1. Jackie D on August 8, 2015 at 22:26

I’m a total anarcho-capitalist, hate the whole system, etc. But Trump is no hero. He’s a weak, nasty man who jumps on Twitter to bellyache at 3AM after someone had the gall to quote his own words back to him. He’s a big baby. (As a teenager in the 1990s, I devoured every issue of Spy Magazine, which went after him with gusto in almost every issue. I admit having never having liked him due to knowing so much about who he is and the dishonest, craven way he deals in business and life. But really, the man is a giant wuss. His ultra-sensitivity is worse than any PMS-plagued woman’s.)

• Richard Nikoley on August 8, 2015 at 23:06

It’s not the point. He’s in the race and he’s got everyone’s panties in knots. It’s a great spectacle.

I never buy that “sensitivity” bullshit. He pays attention, and he defends himself and watches out for his interests. People not sitting on billions call it sensitivity because they’re basically peasants by comparison. No need to be sensitive about a pile of mud pies, by comparison, right?

• Richard Nikoley on August 8, 2015 at 23:44

Plus, I’m not looking for a “President,” and no A-C should be either and in fact, the more muckraker, the better.

Still hope he uses “the c-word.” :)

• Jackie D on August 9, 2015 at 12:06

One can appreciate the spectacle – and cheer on the ‘guidoisation’ of politics (http://order-order.com for reference) – without finding anything redeemable in the man himself. Anyone who lashes out like a hurt toddler because someone quoted his own words to him is an ultra-sensitive loser no matter how much money he has in the bank. All those millions and still so sad and enraged to be asked a question about his own words. It’s embarrassing.

• Jen W. on August 9, 2015 at 15:17

Or he’s just a good actor.

• EF on August 9, 2015 at 15:59

The words Kelly threw back at Trump were “dogs” and “slob” and “fat pigs”. Those words are gender neutral. He could have and probably has used those words to describe men too. So if the words aren’t sexist, is it simply that he is criticizing women that makes him sexist? Women don’t like Trump because he is an extreme alpha male and is the Anti Christ of the feminist movement.

• Richard Nikoley on August 9, 2015 at 16:04

Find an analysis of the bit where he was challenged about saying a that a female contestant on The Aprentice would look good on her knees.

Mark Levin on one of the fascist channels unpacked that, and did so funny style.

• pzo on August 10, 2015 at 08:12

Jackie D, if I take your “anarcho-capitalist” as what I think it means, it’s totally oxymoronic. Capitalism demands institutions and systems in place in order to succeed and perpetuate. Legal (law and the courts,) physical protection (police and military,) communications and transportation (highways, air control, radio/TV allocations) educating the masses to become workers (public education)and then buy, buy, buy.

Capitalists fear anarchy.

• giskard on August 12, 2015 at 09:35

And your understanding of anarcho-capitalism is completely wrong. If you’re interested, read “Machinery of Freedom” which is a collection of essays.

• Jeff Nimoy on August 16, 2015 at 07:27

Richard, you’re the greatest! Once again, you nailed it!

2. Jesrad on August 9, 2015 at 00:44

As J. Neil Schulman pointed out: “It’s clear from last night’s GOP debates that FoxNews is trying to eliminate the loose cannon Donald Trump and annoint any Neocon.”

I suspect the GOP establishment knows Trump will be another James G. Blaine if he gets the nomination, and another Gary Johnson if he don’t.

3. Dan on August 9, 2015 at 15:47

We had this in Australia where we are forced to vote and fined if not. I voted for our version of Trump of course, Clive Palmer, whose party has been accused of creating a “feral parliament”. Nah it just shows the system for what it is, a laf.

Guy acts certifiable but really knows its a game.

Thanks for opening my eyes to all this a couple of yrs ago now, gives me peace where previously I was angry.

4. John on August 9, 2015 at 05:57

People about politicians: “They always lie, everything they say is fluff, nothing ever changes, I wish just one would tell the truth.”

People about Trump: “He’s too blunt, he needs to be more careful about his words, he needs to tone it down.”

Whats interesting about the media coverage of Trump is that they don’t seem to realize that the more they attack him the more popular he gets. The republican debate was ridiculous. As Stefan Molyneux put it (I was surprised to see his “coverage” of the issue!), the questions were like “so Trump, I hear you’re an asshole. Care to comment on that?”

• Richard Nikoley on August 9, 2015 at 06:58

Absolutely correct, John. What people are really complaining about are not the lies, per se, but that they’re not the lies they want to hear.

Yea on that last paragraph too. I didn’t watch the “debate” myself, but what was actually covered appeared to me as though every question was engineered to attack Trump which, given his demeanor, plays right into his hand and whatever his goals are. I’m not convinced he really wants to be president. And as I said, I’m certainly not seeking one, but it sure is a show he’s putting on and it seems to me that the media just doesn’t know what to do. By afternoon yesterday you basically have right-leaning pundits resorting to calling him a “jerk,” which is just hilarious to me. It essentially boils down to: we don’t like your style, you make us uncomfortable.

5. v on August 9, 2015 at 09:58

i love voting. i love voting so much that i get choked up when i think of alice paul. it would be nice to here some real, scary stuff being talked about. like the reasons we would go to war with china. it used to be we had a policy of ambiguity or something like that to keep them guessing. now i think the policy is just to move all the fire power around china. get japan up and running, make sure bases in the phillipines are ready to go. try to limit china economically with the transpacific patnership. etc. once i heard president obama say that he would go to war in order to protect our livelihoods. that sent a chill down my spine. nobody is talking about this that i’ve heard. from the debates, i liked john kasich best. he has done a lot for the addicted in ohio, which i first found out about by reading the book dreamland. when it comes to talking about what would really lead us to war, nobody wants to say anything. so how am i supposed to pick a commander in chief?

6. kxmoore on August 9, 2015 at 11:15

O/T- Richard concerning food enrichment here is a parallel theory to the iron hypothesis that posits that it’s B vitamin enrichment that causes rising obesity rates. Apologies if this has already been brought up.

Excess vitamin intake: An unrecognized risk factor for obesity

• Duck Dodgers on August 9, 2015 at 16:27

Yes. We even linked to that study in one of our iron posts. The study got everything right except that we think they bungled the conclusion. Niacin is easily excreted and isn’t toxic in the doses used in fortification. Iron isn’t easily excreted and is toxic when it’s free and not bound to anything. The authors totally missed the fact that iron and niacin were always fortified in tandem and increased in tandem. Meanwhile, there is a significant body of scientific literature linking iron toxicity and dysregulation to diabetes and obesity. This is not to necessarily say that fortified iron “causes” obesity, but at the very least it appears to exacerbate it.

• kxmoore on August 9, 2015 at 19:10

Thanks Duck. Great to see honest inquiry unfold. Keep up the great work guys.

7. sassysquatch on August 9, 2015 at 12:10

I’m 61 y o and have never voted. I rarely watch, read or listen to the ‘news’.

But after hearing bits and pieces about Trump, I’m really starting to like the guy. Or at least respect him.

8. Jed on August 9, 2015 at 19:14

I believe his supporters want him to blow up the party/system. They know he will. My guess is they feel they have nothing to lose in this economic environment, and would love to blow up the republican party just to see what happens. There’s also many who are apolitical and they enjoy the sheer entertainment of his bombast. I am guilty enjoying his outbursts more than I should admit.

9. Bret on August 9, 2015 at 21:41

“and would love to blow up the republican party just to see what happens”

Not that I’m a Trump supporter (just an amused fan), but I sure do hope this happens. I hold Republicans directly responsible for America’s gradual Sovietization, especially the portions that have taken place over the past 25 years.

They spend recklessly, praise Bush for starting wars and spying on people, and then find all of the above to be unforgivable, impeachable outrages once a Democrat is in the WH. They claim to promote free markets, but every single one of them must think “free market” means “totalitarian cronyism.”

Fuck the Republicans. Fuck the Republicans. Fuck the Republicans. And fuck their mothers for queefing out and raising such despicable specimens.

• pzo on August 10, 2015 at 08:20

Bret, I don’t think you know what a soviet was. They were the local organizations of farmers and workers who would elect representatives for the parliament. Also, be the local point for dissemination of propaganda keeping said workers and farmers under control.

So, what the Rethuglicans have done has nothing to do with anything soviet. If anything, their policies are more in line with the post-Communist era oligarchs. Raping and looting the public assets for private profit. Remember the Republican mantra is, “Private gain, public pain.”

But regardless of how you arrived at your conclusion, it is spot on.

• Rita on August 10, 2015 at 09:30

I agree Bret & pzo. While I applaud Trump for stirring the pot, I fear what he would actually do with political power. I fear that his values are actually perfectly aligned with Republicans: private gain, corporate wealth, morality based on his own myopic view. Trump seems like a needed aspect of this campaign, but I don’t want to see him going any farther than the bellowing pulpit.

• Bret on August 10, 2015 at 19:28

Semantics, pzo. My experience with the Soviets is my observation of their ridiculous foray into central planning, and that is what I meant. If the word soviet means something different to you, ok.

On a whole separate note, it’s hard to decide whom I despise more…the liar hypocrite big government pieces of shit Republican politicians, or their somehow even dumber pieces of shit grassroots loyalists.

10. Dan on August 10, 2015 at 15:31

Bret, Pzo, and Rita

Thanks God for our great Country that allows you the freedom of your thoughts, but you all scare me. I am glad you are the minority.

Best of luck to you

• Dan on August 10, 2015 at 17:31

“allows” you the freedom?
      Lol.

• Rita on August 11, 2015 at 08:38

Why are we scary Dan? What’s funny about people like you is you think America is synonymous for freedom and that this is the only country with such freedoms. You are wrong on both counts. What scares me about you, Dan, is that you are one of the “citizens” with blinders on.

• Richard Nikoley on August 11, 2015 at 09:21

And people like this vote.

11. dan on August 11, 2015 at 07:52

Good catch Dan

protects/enables

12. dan on August 11, 2015 at 11:06

Rita

I guess I am guilty of judging you with out really knowing you and you are guilty of judging me without knowing me. To be clear I never said U.S. is “only” country.

Richard, sincerely you are more articulate then me, and you write for a living, but I think you understood what I was trying to say.

• Rita on August 11, 2015 at 12:00

I still want to know why people like me “scare” you. I mean, sure, I’ve heard that from ex-boyfriends, but never in a political capacity. Haaa!

13. Bioking on August 11, 2015 at 15:24

“I think I sprained the muscles of peristalsis in my colon”

14. Bill on August 11, 2015 at 15:30

More polite than you but you get the gist.

I mentioned and linked to you in the comments.

15. Dan on August 11, 2015 at 19:16

Rita

Since you asked…By your answer above, you seem to believe there is something wrong with private gain and corporate wealth, i.e. evil republicans. While I admit there are bad apples, I don’t believe private gain and personal or corporate wealth are always bad.

Dan

• Bret on August 11, 2015 at 20:23

“something wrong with private gain and corporate wealth, i.e. evil republicans”

Fist yourself, Dan. You didn’t even read my comment above detailing why Republicans are useless hypocrites.

Like any brainless cheerleader, you swoon over the Republicans’ rhetoric and ignore their actions. The two are not the same, dipshit.

Speaking only for me (not for Rita), I am all for private enterprise and free markets. The Republican Party practices neither and promotes neither…regardless of what they say.

I expect full on socialist bullshit from the Democrats. They’re so god damn stupid they don’t know any better, but at least they know who they are. Republicans are convinced they favor free enterprise and limited government, but the evidence makes it clear they are either lying or have no idea what those terms mean.

16. Ironthumb on August 12, 2015 at 15:17

In contrast I’ve read a lot of Trump’s books. My favorite so far is “The Art of The Deal”

His quality by far is how great he is in Psychological warfare (Psy War), really he will just check mate the hell out of you. And contrary to popular belief, Trump is actually a very intelligent man who really knows what he is doing.

I guess people are just waaayyyyy too sensitive and I guess that is ALSO why (ironically) Trump is gaining momentum.

You see it is from him that I have learned years ago that there is no such thing as bad publicity. AND NOW HE’S PROVING THAT EXACT SAME POINT TO US OVER AGAIN

@ politics

• Bret on August 12, 2015 at 21:06

“okay some say he’s “not qualified”, well look at your options first before saying that”

Exactly. By any measure of performance, both Bush and Obama were unqualified disasters. And Nixon, LBJ, Truman, FDR, and plenty more.

If qualification involves experience in Washington, then I want the least qualified person I can find.

17. Dan on August 12, 2015 at 05:09

Bret your funny…you think your Rita

Maybe a little less coffee (maybe off your meds)

I am really happy today, because I am not you.

If I had to live inside your head…

I bet you spend a lot of your time on the internet don’t you.

Farewell my friend, this is the last wasted second I will devote to you.

Dan

• Bret on August 12, 2015 at 05:44

You addressed your first declaration of Republican loyalty to me, Rita, and pzo, you furry twat for brains dickweed.

Fist yourself into pregnancy, have an abortion, eat it, shit it back out, and smear it on your tits. Then go vote Republican.

• Rita on August 12, 2015 at 06:12

Y’all crack me up! Personally, I’m with Richard – both parties suck. I agree with Bret that Republicans are hypocritical, self-serving assholes & that Democrats are socialist idiots. I also believe that grammar is not Dan’s strength. Regardless, it’s funny to learn new insults from these political discussions. P.S. coffee IS yummy, Dan!

• Bret on August 12, 2015 at 06:41

That’s one reason I appreciate people like Dan, Rita. They give me an opportunity to formulate new word combinations.

All in good fun, Dan, really. :-)

18. Ramon on August 12, 2015 at 05:57

I am enjoying watching the GOP squirm and panic.

I am also enjoying watching the democrats pretend like Bernie Sanders is not there, while Hillary gets in trouble for improperly handling classified information.

19. Gary on August 12, 2015 at 08:34

Politics, as usual, makes for great theatre. We have Chief Narcissist Trump on one side, Black-Lives-Matter-But-They-Still-Don’t-Recognize-Their-Support-Lies-In-Bernie, on the other.

Actually, narcissism is on the rise in our culture.

20. dan on August 12, 2015 at 17:46

I like coffee:) We finally agree on something.

Dan

21. Steven on August 13, 2015 at 09:49

YAY!!! Election time is coming.