Considering Getting More Politically Active In This Election Season; Notes On The Democrat Debate

I’m a bit behind so far, though. Just now watched the Democrat Debate (no, I don’t use “Democratic” as adjective in that context…There are Democrats and Republicans…Democrat Debate and Republican Debate).

Still taking notes, but here’s the best assemblage of clips so far.

We need to get very serious about this election.

1. Chad on October 30, 2015 at 11:29

It’s disturbing how thick Hillary is laying on whatever coaching has told her she needs to smile and laugh with more intensity.

• Richard Nikoley on October 30, 2015 at 12:22

Oh, yea, it’s an if looks could kill thing. Did it at the Senate Hearings over her clear deleliction of duty.

But making faces trumps factual evidence, now.

America is The Land of Children.

2. tatertot on October 30, 2015 at 11:55

I’m trying to figure out Ben Carson. He’s taking heat for being involved with a supplement company called Mannatech (http://us.mannatech.com/products/health/ ), which appears to sell really good products, but in an Amway pyramid scheme cult-like way.

• Richard Nikoley on October 30, 2015 at 12:18

That would make sense.

Back in the 70s, most Bible thumpers I knew were involved in Amaway or god’s chosen, Shaklee.

• tatertot on October 30, 2015 at 13:23

That lip-reading video was hilarious. And the republican one even better.

Beans!

I watched a bit of these debates, what a joke.

3. phreebie on October 31, 2015 at 02:00

You seem to be getting fairly fired up aout this election, considering you advocate not voting?

I’m not that fussed myself, since I don’t get to vote, yet the outcome is likely to influence events here. Even so, barring a total collapse of the world economy I think I’ll still be ok, and even then I’ve no doubt I’ll survive, I’m still curious.

I like to read most of what you have to say/write, and will likely follow along whatever, I’m just hoping you don’t go all political on us. Everyone else is already doing that.

Bah humbug, lets get on with living life, and leave the politics to the zoo humans.

• Tim Steele on October 31, 2015 at 07:43

Must be all that Elixa that has Richard so engaged in politics now. I even heard, he was applying for a job as a congressional page and thinking of running for office!

This is proof that Elixa causes an overgrowth of F. tardpolitco!

C’mon Phreebie, get serious!

• Todd on October 31, 2015 at 07:53

People, Americans in particular, have been fed a line of indoctrinated bullshit for so long that they’re lemmings. I think the baby boomers or the generation immediately following are the worst offenders. They’re the ones who lived during a time where every day freedoms were much more common, but they’ve been spoiling it for their offspring with their incessant hand-wringing and agitating over every little fucking thing. Take for instance the case of the parents who let their kids walk to play a couple blocks away, who are now battling the system because they’re being condemned as negligent parents. Wake the fuck up, people.

There’s far too much of a drift towards reactionary, group think rather than independent, critical thinking. If that becomes the status quo, which it has, then you’re breeding stupid fucks right out of the gate who are intellectually asleep.

You’ve got a smart, dumb fuck like Bernie Sanders who wants to make college tuition free and people are lapping this shit up. Economics 101 tells you there’s no such thing as a free lunch, but people are too dumb nowadays to see how absolutely terrible of an idea that is.

It’s not a matter of politics as much as it is in educating the masses with a spark that will hopefully wake them up to what’s really going on.

• Tom on October 31, 2015 at 10:40

Yeah who needs free education?? If you shrink from $35,000 for your education, you’re a wimp. Right?

Well, Fuck America! You can study for almost free in Germany, France, Norway, Sweden, Austria, and Belgium. By the way, you can get free health care over there also. Fuck the good ol’ USA!! Fuck the Bernie-haters.

• Richard Nikoley on October 31, 2015 at 16:07

“free education??”

So you begin with a lie. How about be honest about it, at least and describe it as it is? It’s an education paid for explicitly by those other than the one receiving it.

• Damon on November 3, 2015 at 16:08

Free education, free health care, free phones…

As many smart readers of FTA realize, it’s a sham. I was recently talking to a Canadian who unabashedly boasted paying little for a surgical procedure, proclaiming the greatness of his country’s health care system.

I told him, “The doctors didn’t work for free. The anesthesiologist didn’t work for free. The nurses didn’t work for free. Someone paid for. That makes you a freeloader. Have the balls to own it. Say ‘I’m a freeloader and proud of it.’ You’ll experience a strange tingling sensation in your gut. It’s called honesty.”

4. Jed on October 31, 2015 at 13:07

I like Sanders the best this cycle. But I would like to watch the results of a Trump victory. The whole system would explode into chaos and disaster, and that’s what his supporters want. It’s also what I want. Just for my amusement and entertainment. I was activated by the colossal failure of the Bush presidency, poured my heart into Obama and then became broken hearted by his failures. They all stink.

• Bret on November 1, 2015 at 07:19

Jed, I just caught an amusing headline this morning addressing one example of that very disappointment.

After vowing to end two wars, Obama may leave three behind

Mind you, the WaPo author spends most of the article making excuses for Obama’s broken promise, but the headline says it all.

I’m no Obama fan by any stretch of the imagination. He should have been born in 1960s Russia — he would have been much happier there, anyway. But one element I thought I liked in 2008 was his rejection of all these fucking “wars” we are involved in.

Nope. The black spiders of the Defense Industry kept squirting that poison into his ear until something got through. No matter how “anti-war” you are, you still don’t want to be the president on whose watch America gets overrun by the boogeyman terrorists.

5. Remnant on October 31, 2015 at 19:25

LMFAO!

6. BabyGirl on November 1, 2015 at 20:59

Hi Richard, since you are self employed do you have to buy insurance on the Obama exchanges?

• Richard Nikoley on November 2, 2015 at 10:07

Oh, I’ve been going with the flow and getting health insurance at the expense of the collective for nearly 15 years now. I’m on my wife’s school teacher policy.

When Bea and I got married in 2001, I cancelled the health insurance I had via the company, where I provided 100% (with small co-pays) to employees. It saved my company money at taxpayer expense.

What goes around comes around.