Having an MD is No Guarantee You Won’t be a Fucking Moron

Earlier today, I did a “Land of Democracy Update” over the very recent Fed raids in Colorado in advance of what’s effectively blanket legalization of marijuana as decided by Colorado voters recently. (Thanks, Choom Master.)

I actually thought Dr. John Mitchell was tongue-in-cheeking me on Twitter.

Screen Shot 2013 11 21 at 8 58 42 PM

That’s why I replied with this.

Just Doing My Job
Just Doing My Job

But he was actually serious, the little fuckhead.

pot use damages hippocampal function. Alters cytoarchitecture. This is locus of human memory function. New neuron growth damaged

I actually don’t smoke it all that often and I don’t like having it around. I rely on friends for the occasion here & there—twice per month would be a good estimation. I just prefer my whiskey, at which I’m expert. I had my day way back when, 32 years ago. Stoned literally 24/7, and actually got my best grades in college. A 3.8, all As and a single B. Went to class stoned. Studied stoned. Took tests stoned.

Problem was, I don’t like being stoned that very much. Too intense for me (except on the occasion) as I introvert big time. Mental masturbation, and I get absolutely nothing accomplished. On occasion, fine. Not a regular deal to me and I found that out quick.

Here, DOKTOR. This was just 3 months ago, after 32 years of damaged hippocampal function, altered cytoarchitecture—with obvious negative effects on the locus of my memory (this was after I started a business in my bedroom and grew it to 30 employees and $3.5 mil annual revenue, incidentally)—and the inability to form new neurons in spite of the fact that I learned to fly hang gliders 15 years ago, then sailplanes, then powered aircraft.

Make sure you see the last coupla minutes, because that’s smokin’ by any standards.

Poor me. Destroyed by smoking the Devil’s Weed for 32 years.

Dr. John Mitchell, in Southern California: you and those like you are the absolute worst kinda shit. You presume, because of a fucking MD dregree, to dictate to others and clap your hands when lives get destroyed over it by thugs in gang colors under the color of law.

Go. Fuck. Yourself. Dr. Mitchell.

Since Covid killed my Cabo San Lucas vacation-rental business in 2021, this is my day job. I can't do it without you. Memberships are $10 monthly, $20 quarterly, or $65 annually. Two premium coffees per month. Every membership helps finance this work I do, and if you like what I do, please chip in. No grandiose pitches.

1. rob on November 22, 2013 at 07:37

One of the benefits of legalization is you can choose between a large variety of strains and hybrids based on the advice of an experience professional, some give you a more intense reaction others more muted.

You can get the pot that’s right for you.

2. Raphael S on November 22, 2013 at 00:06

I could not have said it better myself: FUCK OFF DR. MITCHELL, FUCK OFF

3. Andy on November 22, 2013 at 00:37

His response is kind of stupid.

I mean, drugs have side effects? Who would have thunk it.

Chronic alcohol abuse shrinks the brain and destroys the liver. The dose makes the poison.

-Andy

4. Richard Nikoley on November 22, 2013 at 06:55

Yet alcohol and ciggies are “legal”

5. rick on November 22, 2013 at 08:15

“maybe they were just doing their job? aren’t drugs bad?”

Yes they are Jackoff,so why do you peddle them for a living?

6. Richard Nikoley on November 22, 2013 at 08:24

Because HE has a “license,” you see. And he peddles drugs that are “approved.” The side effects of those are deemed “acceptable” by “authorities.”

7. Los on November 22, 2013 at 10:42

IMS finds that 78% of the nearly 4 billion U.S. prescriptions written in 2010 were for generic drugs.

In order of number of prescriptions written in 2010, the 10 most-prescribed drugs in the U.S. are:

1. Hydrocodone (combined with acetaminophen) — 131.2 million prescriptions
    2. Generic Zocor (simvastatin), a cholesterol-lowering statin drug — 94.1 million prescriptions

Side Effects of #2 Generic Zocor

There are also post-marketing reports of memory loss, forgetfulness, amnesia, confusion, and memory impairment. Symptoms may start one day to years after starting treatment and resolve within a median of three weeks after stopping the statin.

Dr. Mitchell I hope you don’t prescribe Generic Zocor because it has the same bad side effects of pot.

8. Ed R. on November 22, 2013 at 12:30

But pot kills tens of thousands of people every year. Oh. No wait, that’s prescription drugs taken as prescribed. Sorry. my bad.

9. bornagain on November 22, 2013 at 12:52

Every person I’ve seen “stoned” has been a fucking moron while under the influence – no exceptions so far. I’d be happy for people to smoke the shit in their own home as long as it was either illegal for them to be stoned in public or if they were stoned in public they lose all recourse to legal remedy for anything that happens to them while they’re stoned in public.

I’d like to be able to deal with rational people. I haven’t met any stoner that behaves rationally while stoned.

10. bornagain on November 22, 2013 at 12:56

I don’t give a fuck what pot does to your health. All I care about is keeping fucking stoners away from me while they’re stoned.

11. josef on November 22, 2013 at 14:46

All drugs should be legalized. regulated and taxed like alcohol. Who’s ever heard nowadays of a wine cartel or beer gang.

BTW Portugal decriminalized (not legalized) all drugs and crime dropped 95%.

12. daniel on November 22, 2013 at 15:00

Hahaha! I was having a shit day, but this made it better.

Too funny…i tell people that having an MD doesn’t guarantee non-fucktard status.
    And they look at me like I’m a fucktard…

I will disagree with the gentleman commenter above: no drugs need to be regulated and taxed. Nothing does.
    The gubment needs to join the good Doc in fucking themselves-entirely. We don’t need to give the Overlords any more money.

13. bornagain on November 22, 2013 at 15:47

@Daniel, what about the current regulations on murder and rape (ie: not allowed and enforced by government)? Should they be removed also?

14. Richard Nikoley on November 22, 2013 at 16:29

“and crime dropped 95%”

Really? To me, predation dropped 95%.

15. daniel on November 22, 2013 at 20:50

Ugh… regulations don’t stop ppl from doing shit. People get raped and murdered even though they are outlawed.

Hey I know, lets outlaw the gov’t and church and see what happens….

16. RobJ on November 23, 2013 at 03:32

@bornagain

The only way people will stop hurting each other is when people will stop wanting to hurt each other. I don’t rape and kill because the laws say I cant, I don’t because I’m a emotionally stable person with sufficient empathy that I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I did something so egregious.

17. Richard Nikoley on November 23, 2013 at 06:59

Hey bornagain

You’ve read and commented on posts on this blog where I’ve been stoned writing it, and we’ve exchanged comments on this blog when I’ve been stoned.

The fact is, you deal with stoned people all the time and since they are acting perfectly normal, you don’t know it. You got some deep confirmation bias going on there. Often, my wife doesn’t even know I’m stoned when I am, then she’ll get a slight clue and ask, did you smoke? She doesn’t touch the stuff but I keep it real enough she doesn’t mind my occasional indulgence.

18. Richard Nikoley on November 23, 2013 at 07:51

“Gov’ts have raped and killed far more than any other entity except maybe the church.”

The church doesn’t even come close, although, there was little meaningful distinction to make for a long time. This deals with the last couple of centuries, however, where the church had long since deposed as ultimate controller of the state.

19. Richard Nikoley on November 23, 2013 at 08:08

“I don’t rape and kill because the laws say I can’t”

It’s the first question I ask in a discussion about anarchy and someone brings up rape, murder, etc.

“So, who you gonna rape and kill first once there’s no law against it?”

20. Sam on November 25, 2013 at 23:51

Everyone knows pot is relatively harmless, except for the laziness, lack of progress effect aforementioned (When Consumed Regularly). Oh wait, not everyone. Those who were too sheltered to step outside, use their senses, and learn something (trust any authority outside of their teacher/parent/textbook; ie, themselves) and made it all the way to MD status where they’re authorities and prescribe much more physiologically and psychologically altering substances, didn’t. That’s why they can bear their conscience while fucking up so many lives..

21. Sam on November 25, 2013 at 23:52

Who am I going to rape and kill?! Anyone and everyone.

22. Richard Nikoley on November 26, 2013 at 07:41

And Sam, also note that with pot and other illegal drugs, a person has no choice but to determine their own dose and frequency. If they have half a brain, they figure that out. I know tons of high achieving people who toke up recreationally now and then. A few who snort a little coke–I personally can’t stand the stuff.

Contrast that with the far more problematic drugs where dose and frequency are determined by someone who doesn’t really know you, nor care about you to the extent required to be very judicious.