I’ve done quite a number of podcast appearances over the years and in some respect there’s significant repetition. You know: what’s your story, tell me about paleo, intermittent fasting, yada yada.
This one, a relatively new podcast by Justing Manning of the “CaveManning” Health. Performance. Life. Blog, was a raucous good time. No punches pulled, it’s wholly unedited and well, here’s the direct link: #16: Free The Animal with Richard Nikoley.
Richard Nikoley – Incomparable, Unparalleled, and *Never* Boring.
He’s the voice behind the wildly popular blog at FreeTheAnimal.com, and the equally popular Twitter account @RNikoley.
Want to hear a boring show? Then look somewhere else today.
Want to hear someone speak their mind about Paleo, Low-carb, Personal Trainers, Voting, Soap (yes, soap) and Getting Back To Our Animal Roots?
Well, then you have yourself a podcast today. Enjoy the unedited, unwavering, and NSFW conversation in all it’s glory!
Update: Justin throws me for a bit of a loop during the podcast by bring up The Manifesto.
Update2: OK, I kinda live tweeted some stuff as I listened myself:
- I set the record straight about my thoughts on Jimmy Moore.
- On Nicholas Nassim Taleb and how I know of him pre-Paleo: I talk about how .@nntaletb changed my life pre #Paleo at abt 19 mins. #FooledByRandomness
- Endorsement of Anthony Colpo and The Fat Loss Bible at about 35:00.
- At 48 minutes into the podacst, Justin shocks the shit out of me. He read THE MANIFESTO.
- 49:00 into the podcast, I talk about how I’m so enamored of young people, how listening is such an important source. [a 20-sumthing girl gamer chick did the final edit on that Manifesto]
- Here we go. At the 1 hour mark, talking about Tatertot Tim in North Pole Alaska.
- Been waiting to say this for a while. At 1:01 I finally do.
- At about 1:08. Is obesity genetic or behavioral? #ItsComplicated
- 1:10 I say “I Hate People” all the time, but what’s my chief lesson?
- SHIT, I just got a bit weepy from my own wrap up that starts at 1:12. Bring tissue.
Update3: Longtime fellow blogger friend Michael Allen Smith (CriticalMAS) put up a really excellent post, along with some notes he took during a particular segment of the show: How Low Carb Paleo Can Fool You. Do check it out. Hope it convinces you to actually listen to the podcast if you haven’t, already.