I didn’t set out to do an experiment and in fact, it’s not even as poorly controlled as are most of my haphazard hacks. So, rather than call it a “self experiment,” I think I’m going with: “observing myself get fucktarded.” Deal?
I just fell into it. Around the last week or two of July, in the midst of moving to where I’d be living in three places at various times, I migrated into two things of import:
- Stopped cooking (many reasons, including selling my gas range). So, mostly restaurant, take-out, some fast food—but I tried to keep it real. So, for example, in Fat Head style: burger and drink, hold the fries usually.
- Was taking zero supplements, including PS (or any other RS or fermentable fiber supplementally), and zero probiotics from either my recommended stash or dairy-based.
- Neither sought ought gluten grain products, nor avoided them when they were around.
But, I was also pretty physically active, and it ended up that I was feeling great, and so at a point, I thought: why not continue this season of debauchery and see where it takes me?
- I had diminished appetite almost all the time. It was actually weirdly uncharacteristic. Whereas, I could always finish a burger, fries and drink meal, I was leaving a few bites and sometimes even more of just the burger.
- I lost weight—about 8 pounds in 3-4 weeks. I’m not really ready yet to go into what I think I know in terms of long-term weight loss using RS (see my post here, see Grace’s recent post here), but since this began about 18 months ago, I’ve knocked off about 15 pounds or so in total, with 8 of them in the last month on no supplemental RS.
- Kinda roller coaster in terms of going from fucking awesome sleep to crap no sleep; and as well, going from a euphoric state of well being to having a deep understanding of Robin Williams’ plight (a little hyperbole for the masses, there).
But here’s the real kicker and it just began a couple of days ago, and has intensified: I’m back to having mildly chronic nasal congestion, itching, sneezing, runny nose and drip.
SO, I’m headed back to the regular routine, starting today. Just can’t tolerate the nose crap. But the appetite and weight loss are mystifying to me and I tried not even one little bit. If anything, I tried to not try.
‘Splain it to me.