@ Dr. Eades. I Can See What You Mean. It Just Takes Me Longer.

Given the righteous beating Dr. Mike Eades has been giving me in his comments, since he got some free time, it’s time to come clean.

Well, I can see what you mean
It just takes me longer
An I can feel what you feel
It just makes you stronger

Well, you can take me for a little while
You can take me, you can make me smile in the end

Well, I can do what you do
You just do it better
I can cry like you cry
It just makes me sadder

Well, I can shine like you shine
It don’t make me brighter
But if I think, oh, like you think
It don’t make my load much lighter

I can see what you mean
It just takes me longer
An I can feel what you feel
It just makes me stronger

Everybody gets to interpret that via their own sets of assumptions and paradigms.

1. doGnuts on March 2, 2015 at 03:19

Fuck Eades. Who cares. I feel your blogging efforts are becoming unproductive for yourself lately.

How are Bea and the doggies these days?

2. Jane Karlsson on March 2, 2015 at 08:31

I think it’s brilliant. Duck is on very good form and so are you. I’m loving it.

• Richard Nikoley on March 2, 2015 at 08:51

It’s all good, Jane.

Quite fun, actually. I think Eades is just really wanting me to go off on him.

doGnuts is speaking for himself and he’s just confused it with speaking for me. Happens all the time.

3. Michelle on March 2, 2015 at 14:50

It still flabbergasts me to see people like Eades deny any harm being done to people like me, who low carbed long term and ended up diabetic and damaged seven ways from Sunday. Is he cherry picking his patients as well?

• Bryan Harris on March 3, 2015 at 06:48

I have a relative (my cousin’s wife) who has some type of pancreatitis where she cannot eat much fat. She can only have a very small amount, something like 8g per day (or perhaps 8g per meal). One time she had too much and ended up in a hospital in a coma. Some of my family were saying that it was not certain whether she would come out of it or not (per the docs).

I usually mention her when the extreme-crazy-zealot low-carbers go off their rockers. Sure it may work great for so-and-so, but that doesn’t mean it works great for all humans everywhere. Maybe I just don’t like extreme, absolute stances.

• John on March 3, 2015 at 08:14

Bryan, my cousin had his gallbladder removed. We worked together. One day after lunch we walk to the bathroom together, he walked in a stall, then yells out “listen to this!” and what followed was a sound I wish I could unhear.

He said he has difficulty with fatty foods.

4. GTR on March 3, 2015 at 08:03

Notice your discussion is nice and cultural debate, according to the rules, and even without the need for a moderator, while some people are not so nice – like your former debate opponent is now being sued for being opinionated in the area.

5. Steven on March 3, 2015 at 00:07

I’m still waiting for him to answer the one simple question posed. No long diatribe. No pontification. Just answer the question.

6. Michael44 on March 3, 2015 at 17:06