I actually heard him speak in person once, at a church here in the SF Bay Area. Must’ve been mid-80’s. As with all such controversial personalities, they’re loved or hated far more than ignored and in my book, overcoming irrelevance goes a long way towards having lived a life.
– I really believe that the Pagans, and the abortionists, and the
feminists, and the gays and the lesbians, … the ACLU, People For the
American Way – all of them who have tried to secularize America – I
point the finger in their face and say ‘you helped this [terrorist
attack: 9/11] happen.
– If you’re not a born-again Christian, you’re a failure as a human being.
– AIDS is not just God’s punishment for homosexuals; it is God’s punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
– The idea that religion and politics don’t mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.
– Homosexuality is Satan’s diabolical attack upon the family that will
not only have a corrupting influence upon our next generation, but it
will also bring down the wrath of God upon America.
– Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions.
– I am such a strong admirer and supporter of George W. Bush that if he
suggested eliminating the income tax or doubling it, I would vote yes
on first blush.
Billy Graham is the chief servant of Satan in America.
– I think hell’s a real place where real people spend a real eternity.
wonder if there’s any truth to the rumor that in his final moments of
life, he had a deathbed confession renouncing primitive superstitions,
accepting Reason as his absolute guide, and acknowledging the sad but
immutable finality of his death.