Won’t Get Fooled Again! Who? You.

I’ll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I’ll get on my knees and pray
We don’t get fooled again
Don’t get fooled again

547448 4016598498333 1494417572 n
The product of CAFOs (concentrated animal feeding operations)

…Grassfed cattle are totally anarchist. I pulled that image off the Paleo + Libertarian Group on Facebook this morning.

Since Covid killed my Cabo San Lucas vacation-rental business in 2021, this is my day job. I can't do it without you. Memberships are $10 monthly, $20 quarterly, or $65 annually. Two premium coffees per month. Every membership helps finance this work I do, and if you like what I do, please chip in. No grandiose pitches.

1. Joseph Fetz on July 12, 2012 at 17:19

Why, thank you, Judy.

• Judy on July 12, 2012 at 17:41

Joseph, the FSFMode makes perfect sense. And, you are welcome!..

2. Lily on July 12, 2012 at 13:58

I grew up on a working ranch. You only give cattle grain a couple weeks before they go to the sale barn. There’s a reason!

3. Victor Venema on July 12, 2012 at 14:21

Could have been a picture from the Facebook group “paleo + democracy now”.

A district system is probably the best way to get people disappointed in politics as many people cannot vote for a party that fits their opinion halfway. A two-party system is almost as bad as a one-party system and easy to manipulate by special interests. The well-functioning Democracies with an efficient trusted government are typically representative democracies.

4. Luke Terry on July 12, 2012 at 15:53

I”m not the kind of guy to wear t-shirts printed with labels or political slogans on them. However I might make an exception for one that says “Grass-fed cattle are totally anarchist…. Free The Animal.” Maybe with that logo on the back, and/or yours as well.

That, dear Richard, would be the business.

5. Joseph Fetz on July 12, 2012 at 16:43

I was riding my bike today and was near the West Side Market in Cleveland just kind of peddling slowly after a hill and some sprints. Anyhow, some guy with an Obama shirt and clipboard asks, “hey, are you a registered voter?”. Of course, I said “no”, to which he asked if I would register in order to support Obama. I told him that I am not fond of mass-murderers. With a puzzled look he then asked if I would simply register. My reply was, “sorry, I don’t believe in theft, murder and violence. Take it easy”, and I peddled off. He stood there with the most confused look on his face. Almost like a dog who heard a weird noise cocks his head to the side and just blinks.

Yeah, I don’t think I won a convert with that one. ;)

• Joseph Fetz on July 12, 2012 at 17:18

Yeah, that’s a little more subtle I guess. Like I said, I had just finished some sprints and a hill climb on the bike (all very intense, btw), so I guess I was in “fuck’n shit, fuck” mode, if that makes any sense at all. LOL

• Richard Nikoley on July 12, 2012 at 16:55

Joseph:

My standard response when I say no, i won’t register, is that I don’t vote. When asked to explain why I tell them:

Because I’d never do that to you.

• Judy on July 12, 2012 at 17:11

Excellent, Joseph! I could not agree more!

• syn on July 14, 2012 at 15:07

Too bad that they’d do it you then, eh? Fight or be killed.

All you’re doing by not voting is giving your vote to share among those who do vote (their votes gain more weight as yours decreases). Are you prepared to leave your fate in the hands of those who are WILLING players in the SYSTEM? Fuck no! At least go and vote for some nut bag and stop your vote being directed to one of the mainstream sycophants.

• syn on July 14, 2012 at 15:09

@ Richard above. Not sure how the fucking comment thread works on this cunt of a blog but it seems to drop down a couple more than I thought it would.

• Richard Nikoley on July 14, 2012 at 15:48

There’s 3 levels of nesting. Once it hits 3, everything that’s a reply in the thread post chronologically.

6. Brad on July 13, 2012 at 05:47

Very timely. Check out Keoni Galt’s 7/11/12 post at Hawaiian Libertarian. http://hawaiianlibertarian.blogspot.com/2012/07/obamacare-feedlot-health-management.html

7. Todd on July 13, 2012 at 15:03

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Best line in that song.

8. syn on July 14, 2012 at 14:55

This liberty you seek is also an illusion… Fuck, I’d be the first one there if it existed, but it doesn’t. Scarce resources means that pretty much almost anything and everything you do will require either the permission or acquiesce of another or others.

9. mike k on July 14, 2012 at 20:10

great photo :)

10. tim_lebsack on July 20, 2012 at 14:16

Some might say “When you skip voting, it is not rebellion, it is surrender.”

• Richard Nikoley on July 20, 2012 at 14:30

Bullshit.

This presumes that you’re “putting up a fight.” Only in your wildest wet dreams. In reality, you’re jerking yourself off, pretending it matters to anyone else but you.

It’s not surrender. It may, however, be resignation.