Elixa. The World’s Most High-Tech Probiotic. Now Shipping.

Due to the huge number of orders that have been placed by FreeTheAnimal visitors and readers, Elixa has sold out twice. In response, Karl Seddon—its Oxford University-educated founder—has brought new production and distribution capacity online, and after about a month of being sold out, is once again shipping.

You might be unaware that Karl is not your run-of-mill supplement entrepreneur. His formulation is unique in the tech he invented to “breed strains;” but also in the delivery method, such that it fools your digestive tract into rejecting it, getting it to your colon unscathed…so that it can take up residence and populate there, where it’s supposed to—and not anyplace else, like your small intestine.

Moreover, he’s also not like a run-of-mill supplement entrepreneur who just farms out…selects stuff from a manufacturer’s catalog according to a concocted recipe, slaps his own eye-catching label on it, and then spends 50% of revenue on flashy, over-hyped marketing. Elixa is manufactured in-house, under Karl’s close, up-until-midnight supervision. He tells me he just spent three 18-hour days in a row calibrating his latest machinery-tech addition to the production line. In other words, all manufacturing capital is owned and iron-grip-controlled by Elixa, which is another way of saying: Mr. Karl Seddon.

Elixa is simply the highest-tech, most closely and carefully monitored probiotic in the world, and you can order it right here and try it for yourself.

And you can follow along with the experiment that’s about to take place with me as lab rat. A 12-day course, accompanied by nine (yes, 9!) biometric test kits taken before, during, and after the probiotics course, in order to provide the best resolution that’s ever been published on a blog, where you get to comment about what you think.

Memberships are $10 monthly, $20 quarterly, or $65 annually. The cost of two premium coffees per month. Every membership helps finance the travel to write, photo, and film from interesting places and share the experiences with you.

1. doGnuts on September 19, 2015 at 18:57

Richard, why not re-orientate your book to make specific references to Elixa where appropriate? The Elixa guy can increase your Elixa commission rate as the sales of your book increase. If your book doesn’t sell then it costs him nothing.

2. doGnuts on September 19, 2015 at 18:58

Has anyone got shredded on Elixa btw? That would do it for me. I’d buy it then.

• Karl S on September 21, 2015 at 02:15

Hi doGnuts,

I should preface this by saying that Elixa is categorised by the FDA as a food supplement and the EFSA as a dietary supplement. So I don’t wish to imply any health/medical benefits until the numerous clinical trials on probiotics have been accepted by these regulatory bodies. Instead I’ll just share a bit of feedback and a couple of thoughts:

Elixa has gained a modest and growing following among a few bodybuilders and fitness competitors. One of them (who competes) recently sent me a before and after picture because he had been so pleased with the effect Elixa had in that regard. When he offered to send it, I did not for a moment think it would be a noticeable difference. But it was easily noticeable actually. As I recall, he believed it to be fat loss. However I am thinking it is more likely to be a drastic reduction in bloating from his high carbohydrate and liquid nutrition diet. Perhaps a bit of both.

Some people looking to gain muscle will follow a style of diet that may lead to bloating and other digestive issues – what you might call a ‘bodybuilding diet’. In addition, they often take protein shakes and other liquid nutrition (carb shakes, etc.).
      I think the latter are more responsible for some of the GI issues that bodybuilders suffer.

In any case, I am going to ask his permission to make a sort of athlete profile/testimonial, for other people in that field of sport.
      I’ve heard from a handful of people about increases in vascularity and leanness. All of them have been gym enthusiasts who were highly perceptive of their physiological state and physical appearance.

I don’t think probiotic manufacturing tech is even close to the level of creating a supplement that can cause substantial fat loss though. The species that have been linked to obesity, diabetes, (etc.), are not currently in production. There are some manufacturing hurdles to overcome before we can produce those at a commercially economical volume AND be able to lyophilise them without destroying them. As you move away from focusing on the lactobacillus genus, the anaerobic requirements get much stricter – among other constraints.

Kind Regards,
      Karl
      (Elixa)

• Bb on September 23, 2015 at 01:59

Looking forward to the body builder story. Will you be posting on free the animal?

• Karl S on September 25, 2015 at 12:10

Sure.

But I want to be careful to avoid sensationalising it.

I think the visual change is likely a reduction in bloating (from a bodybuilding diet) combined with an increased leanness and vascularity in an already lean-ish individual.

People shouldn’t make the unfounded conclusion that it would help an overweight person shed pounds of fat.

I’ll ask him what he thinks it was.

3. Jonnie on September 20, 2015 at 13:45

So the guy’s expertise is microencapsulation, and (no surprise) he is selling a product that uses microencapsulation to get this stuff past the stomach. Is this a case of a guy with a hammer seeing everything as a nail? Because, as far as I know, that isn’t how soil based organisms get into your gut in a natural setting…

• John Brisson on September 20, 2015 at 21:33

Elixa is not using HSO’s therefore, the probiotics come into the small intestine in limited numbers, Non soil based probiotics either have to be given in large doses, be protected from stomach acid, or both to survive and colonize as long as MMC function is adequate.

In addition most HSO’s we ingest are immediately eliminated by our bodies remaining in endospore form.

Only when we constantly ingest them constantly or take them as supplements do they germinate out of endospores and colonize, which may (me) or may not (Richard) be a bad thing depending on who you ask.

Either way Elixa is a good probiotic and if Richard wants to advocate them he has every right to do so. It is his blog after all.

• Karl S on September 21, 2015 at 01:54

Hi Jonnie,
      Looks like you had a mental blip there buddy.

1. My expertise is not microencapsulation.
      2. Elixa does not use microencapsulation.
      3. Elixa is not an SBO probiotic.

So unfortunately your post makes zero sense ;)

4. Harriet on September 20, 2015 at 15:59

Shredded?

I shred cabbage for coleslaw but I don’t think you mean that.

5. Michael on September 22, 2015 at 07:54

Big fan of Elixa here. Been lurking around FTA for a while now and purchased Elixa for my wife with Crohn’s. Her response to it was incredible and she thanked me for finding the one thing that helped her live a more normal life again. She had a sinus infection and was prescribed antibiotics and her symptoms began to return and after another round of Elixa, she felt relief again. It worked for her (and a friend with IBS we recommended it to). Worth a shot for anyone and thanks for finding this product. Oh, Karl answered every question I had via email promptly, which is also pretty amazing for a company CEO to do.

• Karl S on September 27, 2015 at 11:59

Thank you Michael!
      I recall you emailing me this feedback several weeks ago. It made my day and it’s certainly one of my favourite. It goes back to the more ‘medical’ roots of the potential in microbiotic intervention – i.e. serious, debilitating conditions; which ups the motivation for me on a whole different level vs more benign conditions!

Kind Regards,
      Karl (Elixa)

6. LeonRover on September 22, 2015 at 09:36
    • Richard Nikoley on September 22, 2015 at 12:14

Hey Leon and Karl.

Manage to get together in a pub somewhere, let us know how all problems will henceforth be solved.

I have every confidence in the two of you.

7. LeonRover on September 23, 2015 at 00:48

Quite, Richard — & we invite VW to help with the urea aura defeat technology.

dailymail is stranger than fiction

Today’s laff

“Chapman University in California also found that gender was the biggest factor that influenced what people were looking for in a long-term partner.”

: )) :)))

8. MCSquared on October 12, 2015 at 18:00

Good to see the CEO posting here.

I cannot find anything on your site which links to substantive research verifying your product claims.

My apologies if those links do exist. If they do, I would suggest you have a talk with your web designer. I would have expected them to be more prominent.

9. celeste kelsey on April 26, 2016 at 06:49

Disappointed that once I found this link to Elixa information…the posts end with the above from MCSquared. As a layperson who needs to rely on the expertise of others…would love to see research listed also.

• Karl S on April 26, 2016 at 08:54

Hi Celeste!
      I must have missed MCs comment the first time around. The reason I’ve not put up links to studies on the different species in the Elixa blend is because I’m operating in several jurisdictions at once (EU, USA, etc.) and certain regulations would construe links to studies as implied health claims or implied functional claims (the latter would be allowed with an accompanying disclaimed within the US).
      It’s much simpler for me to leave that to readers rather than try and comply with a dozen different regs. I figure that most people who come across my website have learned about probiotics from other sources to begin with anyway. Just type any of the species names into Google Scholar or Pubmed and you will receive plenty of search results with studies and meta-analyses on them :)
      I should also add that I think the clinical trials are in their infancy for high strength probiotics.
      Kind Regards,
      Karl (Elixa)

• Richard Nikoley on April 26, 2016 at 10:07

Celeste:

And not to rain down too political on you, but this is akin to why I shut down my own business a few years back. I grew it from a spare bedroom, with mere hundreds of dollars, to $3.5 million per year and 30 employees.

It’s not nearly enough. In order to pay and play, you must have many, many more millions than that, as disposable income.

I didn’t. Once the US state-level legislatures began making laws and regulations for a business market I had a hand in creating, those with lots of money came in to help legislatures draft legislation that would drive up my costs of doing business as a founder, leaving them free to lie to people on TV and radio, kinda like they do in studies.

I could no longer operate as I had for nearly 20 years and be compliant with all the new protections, state by state, all a bit different. Few realize how difficult and costly compliance is, and trying to do so in 50 separate jurisdiction would either kill me, motivate me to kill others, or get out.

I chose the latter. Sorry you were disheartened. Such a burden to bear.

10. celeste kelsey on April 26, 2016 at 06:51

BTW…I am on my third day of Elixa “food supplement.” Look forward to excellent results. :)

• celeste kelsey on April 26, 2016 at 11:11

Thanks, Karl. I agree with you that “clinical trials for high strength probiotics are in their infancy” as is, I believe, all knowledge of probiotics. I will never ceased to be amazed at how many people, myself included, are willing to subject themselves to N=1 experiments in pursuit of health.

And, Thank you, Richard, for NOT having chosen to end your business exploit as a Mass Murderer. ;)

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” Charles Dickens