The Lovely 70-yr-old Helen Mirren on Reflection and Regret

11996917_945737402138797_6574722665716177172_n

See, I told you: The Art and Audacity of Self-Direction.

Why wait until you regret not just doing it? I’ve been telling people to fuck off regularly for 25 years and often enough, it’s even been friends and family.

That’s not to say that it has always been justified, but I prefer to ere towards fuck off, because I hate having regret over not doing so when justified, even the next day, much less decades later.

Memberships are $10 monthly, $20 quarterly, or $65 annually. The cost of two premium coffees per month. Every membership helps finance the travel to write, photo, and film from interesting places and share the experiences with you.

1. sassysquatch on December 11, 2015 at 12:14

Helen puts the ‘S’ in SEXY!!

2. Peter on December 11, 2015 at 14:46

Richard, Fuck off.

• Richard Nikoley on December 11, 2015 at 16:00

Thank you Peter.

I like and respect men who know both how to keep it in context, and exploit it.

3. Resurgent on December 12, 2015 at 10:01

Richard..!
    Just keep Fucking ON..!! ;)

4. Jon on December 16, 2015 at 10:03

I like “Fuck It” better.

• Richard Nikoley on December 16, 2015 at 12:01

I think she’s speaking of human subjects, not inanimate phenomena or aimless circumstance.

5. Samia L. on December 23, 2015 at 18:23

I wonder if Helen Mirren realizes that when she gives herself the right to tell people to F.O. , she is implicitly giving other people the right to tell her to do the same.

6. Alison Reed on December 26, 2015 at 07:27

Fucking hell is my most used expression. As in fucking hell the roof just blew off. Even though the word fuck is peppered throughout my vernacular, I have been doormat to people in my life, friends, spouses and family included, because I seem to be incapable of telling an actual human being to fuck off. This has caused me a considerable amount of grief and wasted time mention having endless conversations in my head about wishing I had said fuck off. Helen Mirren is a goddess with firecracker wit and intelligence. I should listen to her, and your, wise advice.