Here’s How You Understand “Repeal and Replace Obamacare”

Universal Health Care is most fundamentally a license to live unhealthy with most associated costs being passed off to nameless and anonymous others and not born by yourself or by those with the means to influence you, relieving you of shame, as well. — little ‘ol me

I must say that all this waffling over the pre-existing conditions aspect of the “repeal and replace” debate is utter nonsense.

That is not insurance. A priori.

It would be exactly like being able to buy car “insurance” only after you cause an accident. That is literally, and in every respect, how fucking boneheaded and dishonest this whole load of crap is. Indeed, with that single provision, might as well just have federal single-payer and everyone gets to queue up, undergo triage, and wait just like all those Euro Fucktards are content to do—except the rich ones who fly to America for a procedure.

At least that would save untold billions in admin and the medical billing business make-work scam. Billions on advertising, too—all of which are paid by customers. You’d just know to go to that very ugly building, hat in hand, and stand in line with all the other peons.

If you must deal with pre-existing conditions, then it needs to be something entirely outside the insurance market and indeed, ought to be absolutely bare bones care, such that people who choose to be a Free Rider and not buy insurance, understand that they aren’t going to get Johns Hopkins, but a fully just CubaCare.

…There’s more, here and here. Art de Vany fans might want to click.

Since Covid killed my Cabo San Lucas vacation-rental business in 2021, this is my day job. I can't do it without you. Memberships are $10 monthly, $20 quarterly, or $65 annually. Two premium coffees per month. Every membership helps finance this work I do, and if you like what I do, please chip in. No grandiose pitches.

1. Resurgent on January 6, 2017 at 12:00

..And where in the constitution, does it say, that your health care is to be provided/mandated by the Government..!

I am not sure where I read this recently – but it struck a chord instantly:
    “Repeal Obamacare and replace it with nothing – Only Freedom”

2. Lynn on January 6, 2017 at 13:59

I would like to see CubaCare + total capitalist free for all side by side. Look at the plastic surgery and vision surgery markets. Plenty of innovation, happy customers and rich doctors. CubaCare for the diabetics, car accidents and cancer survivors (me) would be nice, with the option to buy premium care if can and want to. Would welcome comments from anyone who has given it some thought.

• Doug on January 10, 2017 at 11:14

how is this different than what we have today?

3. Tim Maitski on January 7, 2017 at 06:26

The cost of insurance isn’t really the problem. Sure, it would be great if you can make it a more competitive market which would lower some of its costs.

But insurance is just a way to pay for healthcare. If the cost of healthcare isn’t addressed, then it doesn’t really matter much which system you have to pay for it. They all will be unaffordable. It’s like saying that somehow you’re going to make something better and cheaper by paying with a check instead of a credit card. Yes, maybe you get a small discount if you pay with cash instead of a credit card but that really isn’t going to make much of a difference.

Creating a free market for healthcare is where you will get the real costs down. Make the costs of each healthcare item known to everyone so that they can shop for the best values.

Also, all we need to do is to allow the reimportation of drugs and medical devices. US citizens subsidize the rest of the world. Why is an epipen in Great Britain only around $50 and it’s $600 in the US? Why can’t I buy $50 epipens from a drug store in England and sell it in the US for $300?

• Richard Nikoley on January 7, 2017 at 13:49

Been saying it for years, Tim.

We aren’t even talking about insurance, but a health maintenance plan, analogous to an extended warrantee on a vehicle—far more expensive than auto insurance with a reasonable deductible. Moreover, insurance tends to go down with vehicle age, but an extended warrantee gets more costly—for obvious reasons.

Insurance is a means by which most people simply spread all associated costs of their claims over a long period of time. There’s a Bell distribution where some people are big winners, paying far less than their total claims and some big losers, paying way more than they get back in claims or reasonable cost of risk.

4. Hap on January 7, 2017 at 10:58

Healthcare a prized political football for gross manipulation of electorate. To the extent it was a marketplace
    (I.e. Before Medicare) and a market to be restored after total destruction by Obamacare………fuhhhhhgedddaboudit..

Trumpism….is at best a minor reprieve, from the advances ofstatism….but welcome.

5. Colleen on January 7, 2017 at 16:28

Totally agree- there is no “insurance” here. When there is a real insurance option, I will purchase. I’m tired of subsidizing those who are sick and continue smoking, eating sugar like crazy and/or sitting on the couch all day. I Have funds for a significant emergency and am looking at a cheaper option available as a loophole to the law.

6. Mycroft Jones on January 7, 2017 at 17:44

What people don’t realize about Canada. Yes, we have universal healthcare. But they are importing tons of third world doctors. And they have their own form of triage going on. There is a lot of things the doctors here just don’t bother with. If you aren’t dying or suffering from a short list of things they will treat, you are out of luck, they just shrug and say it is in your head. The quality of our medical system keeps declining based on what we pay for it. Not to mention the scandal a few years ago when it was found that half the people in the medical database were actually foreigners using fake ID to use the system. They all came from one large country in particular, which you can probably guess (not the USA)

• Mycroft Jones on January 7, 2017 at 17:46

The problem with the Canadian system is, they penalize you if you fly out of the country to purchase medical care. But everyone with money does that anyway, because all medicine is socialized here, so we don’t have local talent.

• Richard Nikoley on January 7, 2017 at 20:32

You expose part of the big lie.

• FTAAnon on January 9, 2017 at 12:26

@Mycroft Jones:
      I’m interested in reading more about this scandal, would you be able to some articles? My Google-fu seems to have failed me.

• FTAAnon on January 9, 2017 at 12:27

@Mycroft Jones:
      I’m interested in reading more about this scandal, would you be able to link to some articles? My Google-fu seems to have failed me.
      [edit: typo]

7. thhq on January 7, 2017 at 19:45

Repeal and replace means go back to ante Obamacare America for about 30 million of us who are currently mandated to use it. After 1/20/17 it’s likely that IRS will quit enforcing the mandate.

About 1/3 are like me and pay for private health care policies. My premium has increased by 60% since 2014 as a result. I don’t expect it to go down in 2017.

About 1/3 receive a large government subsidy to drive their premiums down to “affordability”. This subsidy has been ruled illegal but the Obama administration continues to pay it as they appeal. It’s likely Trump will drop the appeal, and the subsidies will disappear. If these people want to keep their Obamacare they can pay full price like I do.

About 1/3 opt out by paying IRS the penalty or pleading hardship.

The high cost of Obamacare results directly from the pre-existing condition waiver. About 2 million people previously uninsured add disproportionately to the cost of the program. The highest cost patients are suffering from AIDS, hepatitis and diabetes. Their ailments are largely self-inflicted by their lifestyles. Obama has given them golden tickets as a reward for their choices.

And then there’s the Medicaid expansion….

• Richard Nikoley on January 7, 2017 at 20:35

Th:

You know as well as I do that Obamacare was going to turn just like higher education and for exactly the same fundamental economic reasons.

8. thhq on January 8, 2017 at 09:18

And here’s the other golden ticket: Medicaid expansion.

It looks like about 15 million total in 2016, which is at least 5 million higher than projected in 2010.

I expect that block Medicaid grants to the states will fix this unfunded generosity. If they like their expansions they can keep them, but they will have to pony up the missing federal money. Our Progressive leadership may attempt to do this on the Left Coast by jacking up income, sales and property taxes. If they do, these blue states will flip to the deepest shade of red in 2018.

Goodbye Nancy. The big Obama fling is over.

• Bret on January 8, 2017 at 19:51

Even California, thhq? I think it would take a 97% income tax rate before good sense would overpower the passionate Marxists there by even a slim majority vote.

• Richard Nikoley on January 8, 2017 at 20:54

97% at least. The most fucktarded state. Luckily, I live in a “red finger,” now. 4,200 feet, Sierra’s, Hwy 4 red finger,

9. Woodchuck Pirate on January 8, 2017 at 15:15

“Taking what one wants from others by force in order to fund so-called noble deeds is not charity, it is theft.” – Ayn Rand

Charity remains the legitimate venue of family and church.

All of the public service employment sector, and all entitlements including social security checks, medicare, medicaid, welfare, Obamacare, and the specific carve-outs from the Sherman & Clayton acts which create the criminal medical monopoly are constructs of theft.

Thieves want some or all constructs of theft.

Free men want no constructs of theft.

Most humans reject freedom in favor of socialism (theft), some choose freedom, others can’t be paid to live on their knees and get freedom anyway anyhow. In the end freedom will arrive anyway, anyhow. Vengeance is an act of justice and truth is infinite. Knowing the truth doesn’t matter, only the truth matters.

Health insurance is a paper promise. Healthcare is something that has to be paid for. Obamacare was crafted as a bailout of medicare. The rhetoric of pre-existing conditions, compassion, empathy etc is strategic distraction, nothing more, nothing less.

Church folk feed at the same gov’t cash-flow trough in their personal and religious collectivist ego activities as equally as any specifically labeled gov’t collective ego. However charity is not a legitimate venue of gov’t. Therefore any and all charity cases left unsatisfied are exclusively owned by religious collective egos and the families they are comprised of. When the church folk rise up and parade in the streets demanding that social security checks and medicare benefits are repealed, then they are worth more than a blind eye from free men. They toss a few stolen pennies at the path of destruction they have left behind, and then only to buy Sunday lies to bullshit themselves through dying days.

The venue of family and church has been stolen by them setting in the pews. The gov’t and criminal medical monopoly own the livestock setting in the pews feeding from gov’t cash flow troughs. Ill health doesn’t make one a victim. It’s irrational to say nature makes victims. It’s irrational to say God makes victims. It’s popular to say “I’m entitled.” But just cos’ you got the power, that don’t mean you got the right.

Free Man

Woodchuck Pirate
    aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

• thhq1 on January 8, 2017 at 18:58

@woodchuck if you had lived in Illinois you would recognize that Hope and Change is just another way of saying Pay to Play. Downstate taxes pay for the Madigans, Bagojevichs, Obamas, Daleys and Emanuels. You take from those who produce via taxation and use their money to buy reliably blue votes with big pensions, generous health care, unrban renewal, etc etc etc. And help yourself as well.

There’s another name for it. Helpin’ the Kids. Blago could always make page one of the Trib by attending a free breakfast with every needy group of children he could find.

• Bret on January 8, 2017 at 20:03

Funny you should quote Ayn, Woodchuck. I’ve been reading Atlas Shrugged lately (2/3 through now), and it is hilarious how much of Obama’s rhetoric matches almost verbatim the collectivist propaganda of all the “looters” she rips to shreds in that book.

I’ve never been much of a raw Obama hater, but somehow these last few weeks are dragging like molasses uphill. Jan 20 can’t come soon enough.

• Richard Nikoley on January 8, 2017 at 20:59

Rand is the best ever at archetypical character.

• Woodchuck Pirate on January 19, 2017 at 13:10

thhq1 –

Living here in rural upstate NY affords clarity in expanding dimensions of the “us and them” collective egos. In Chemung and Tioga counties there exists the skeletal remains of union jobs enjoying the same devolutionary spiral as narcissistic public employee union members in education, law enforcement and medicine. There is no dialogue offered to taxpayers as “them” practicing socialism are of the parasitic class, not the producer class.

The population has thinned so much here that NYS is reported to be the number 1 outbound state in the union. With the collective cash flow(s) comprised almost solely of stolen loot stripped through property taxes and social security/medicare payroll tax withholding, the only conversation(s) shared is in one word “MORE”!

Today’s news reveals Corning NY bragging of success in procuring grants to revitalize downtown, while Elmira NY clumsily attempts same posture with their grants. However the majority of Elmira’s stolen loot flows through the constructs of brick and mortar prison systems rather than Corning Glass fiber optic gov’t handouts disguised as public/private emergency service sharing initiatives. A bit north in Tompkins county finds Cornell University coddling the generational money parasites hiding along the circumference of the fingerlakes. Cornell socialism soothes fears by bragging about medical school expansion in NYC, bellying up on their knees before Gov Cuomo. Such progressive-ism as only those who love New York could manifest. Someone shoulda’ told them(s) that ran away.

Meanwhile I set here listening to Hank Williams III sing, “I’m gonna wrap her up with rusty barbed wire, and make her set her own ass on fire”. Hell I reckon Illinois ain’t got nuthin’ on me. I got all the barbed wire I need and most of it rusted. There’s nobody up this way worth lookin’ out for, The number 1 outbound state ain’t blue by coincidence. Them that left weren’t any good anyhow, so I wish ’em keep goin’. I got one rabbit, 6 squirrels and 2 woodcock in the freezer, chickens in the yard, and deer in the way every night. I done quit paying taxes on the only property I can’t use, and everybody left here is vicious and dumb. I ain’t feeble. Some of the women here have some of their teeth and that’s about all the menfolk got to fight about. I prefer to be left alone, more than most. It makes for little entertainment but it ain’t bad. It’ll get violent soon enough. I can wait.

The nearest neighbor felon beat his girlfriend up worse than ever this time, broke her eye socket and cleared out, maybe fer good. He’s violated parole and has 3 violent felony warrants over him now. Warrants don’t expire. The whispers are he’s off to Florida. His role models, the social security recipients, are the majority segment of the local population. They steal more than he ever did being the gov’t does their dirty work. Social security by rosiest projections is insolvent in 13 years. Ain’t nobody got a hand in the air to worry anybody, anywhere though. The thieves are not conscious. That’s why I expect a lot more broken eye sockets, and a lot less warrants. Just over the border in East Smithfield Pennsylvania two junkies broke into an elderly man’s home, broke his arm and threw appliances at him demanding cash. Dumbasses don’t know Pennsylvania from New York I guess. They got caught. What’s a woodchuck to do but watch these good times roll? Roll baby roll.

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

10. Ryan on January 8, 2017 at 19:50

While I I agree with a lot of your points, there is something about universal healthcare that once you have it, you don’t want to go back. Perhaps it’s that it eliminates stress and worrying – you know you’ll always be covered. How much is the piece of mind worth?

I’m not sure if I agree with universal healthcare being a license to live unhealthily. I think the data would actually support the opposite. As you know, Canada and more-so most European countries are generally much healthier than the U.S, while enjoying universal healthcare.

What Universal Healthcare does enable is people tying up the medical system when they run to the doctor for bullshit things like their kid having a cold. I think this should be added to your argument. There is lots of talk up here of people wanting to impose a small fee when visiting the doctor. $10 or whatever, just to elimate that stuff.

After all, I think people generally WANT to be healthy. Education would be more beneficial for healthy people than a paid healthcare system.

• Richard Nikoley on January 8, 2017 at 19:59

“As a Conservative Canadian – not I, or any right-wing (or left-wing) Canadian that I know, would ever want to replace our universal healthcare.”

Much obliged for signaling that nobody on Earth ought to give a runny shit about you, also affording us fantasies that you starve to death.

Understand: I loath people like you and would be overjoyed to piss on your grave. Zero equivocation.

Go fuck yourself.

• Mycroft Jones on January 9, 2017 at 07:55

Ryan, you haven’t noticed the quality of doctors here. It is slipping. We are a third world country. Medical practice has become such low status, that rabbis are telling young Jews “don’t waste your time, don’t become a doctor anymore”. You go in with various symptoms, and they order all sorts of fancy sounding tests which consist of “poke a needle in, take a sample, collect some urine, put you in a big machine that makes a buzzing sound for a few seconds”, then tell the people they are ok, they found nothing. Do they put your symptoms into something like IBM Watson? Nope. And they are burying their heads in the sand about the Lyme disease epidemic. And some other things.

• TMS71 on January 11, 2017 at 15:53

Hmm.. I was surprised to hear Jon Derbyshire express a similar positive sentiment about universal health care. He’s a British expat living in the US for decades now. It’s weird. Health care is the one thing that some conservatives seem to have a liberal position on.

• Richard Nikoley on January 11, 2017 at 16:20

Beacause he’s a socialist, as are virtually all Brits.

They pick and choose conservative positions. On pragmatic, not principled lines.

I’ve never taken Derb too seriously.

11. Richard Nikoley on January 8, 2017 at 20:57

…Neither am I the slightest bit interested in your follow-on masturbation in public about ways to steal better.

• Ryan on January 8, 2017 at 21:34

Comment replies like that one just discredit some of your good work.

Ryan: “I agree with a lot of your points – but here’s what I see in Canada”

Richard: “Go fuck yourself I want to piss on your grave.”

Ryan: *buys Richards book and orders Elixa*

• Richard Nikoley on January 8, 2017 at 22:34

You don’t seem to understand, but I am trying to tell you: I do not give a fuck what you think, how butt hurt you are, whatever.

It would please me to know you lost sleep, however.

Let me make it very clear. In any interaction with me, I want you to go away miserable, proportional to my joy at making you feel like shit if I can. I want you, and people like you, to die. I don’t know you, why would I lie about caring rather than tell the truth about being overjoyed?

You think I’m just being facetious. I’m not.

You are the very worst sorts of people, far worse than the left.

• Ryan on January 9, 2017 at 13:11

Mycroft,

You could be right about the quality of doctors. I don’t know as I am active duty military, so we generally have very good care.

My original post stating that I don’t know any Canadians who would rather not have universal healthcare, stands.

• Richard Nikoley on January 9, 2017 at 15:04

Shit, you’re active duty military and you’re still a fucktard, using argumentum ad verecundiam like you thought of it, and with hubris?

Listen, if you were one of my sailors back when, I’d fucking drive you out. I hate shit fucktards like you.

Go fuck off.

• Ryan on January 9, 2017 at 19:58

Not argumentum ad verecundiam at all. Just simply stating what I observe in Canada as someone who has travelled the whole country many times. Are there Canadians who would rather have paid healthcare? Sure. But I have yet to meet one.

You know Richard, universal health care covers mental health as well! It would have been cool to get your view on the issues I raised – but of course you decide to keep it classy as usual…. pissing on graves. Nice touch man. I’m don’t know why I even read this stupid fucking blog anyway. Most of the posts are shit now – It’s lost its way.

• Richard Nikoley on January 10, 2017 at 13:34

“I’m don’t know why I even read this stupid fucking blog anyway.”

You just keep lying and lying, mostly to yourself.

You know exactly why you can’t help yourself.

• Mycroft Jones on January 16, 2017 at 17:43

Now Ryan knows one Canadian who would prefer the Singaporean system to the Canadian medical health system.

• Richard Nikoley on January 16, 2017 at 18:51

LOL.

12. Hap on January 10, 2017 at 15:42

Ryan
    I think you did get Richard’s view of the issues you raised. Why are you whining?

Anyway, you live in Canada…you are happy with what you have….great. See ya.
    We are suffering with what we got from our Fearless leader who crammed a Canadian style system down our throat and gave us serial lies, rising costs through the roof….all in the name of less than 10% of the people who He thought uncovered. The “fix” was to blow up the building to repair a leak. Actually, he could have cared less.

Hey ….I have an idea. I would like to stop subsidizing your healthcare system and drug prices , along with the rest of the world.

For anyone who still believes that a single payor government run system will save the USA, please refer yourself to the VA.

13. Richard on January 11, 2017 at 07:15

Hey Dik, yet another drop-dead-boring-piece-of-shit post. You really should get off the political related crap, it certainly ain’t your strong suit. You seem to fancy yourself as some deep, original, outa-the-box thinker; a real renegade: NOT! You’re just regurgitating other people’s thoughts, and not even very cogently. Your posts scream of some hackneyed sophomore dorm room debate. Then, when challenged you resort to ad hominem attacks.

You have your little baker’s dozen posse of minions that seem to love the smell of your shit. But, beyond that, not too much feedback in comments. That oughta tell ya sumthin’ pal. Get back to stuff that really matters and that we, as individuals, have at least a modicum of control over.

• Richard Nikoley on January 11, 2017 at 08:12

Yawn. Another second hander so devoid of his own ability to inspire himself finds need in worrying and lashing out at the way others conduct their affairs in relation to him.

I don’t owe you anything. Make your own way.

• Richard Nikoley on January 11, 2017 at 10:54

“They have no concern for facts, ideas, work. They’re concerned only with people. They don’t ask: “Is this true?” They ask: “Is this what others think is true?” Not to judge, but to repeat. Not to do, but to give the impression of doing. Not creation, but show. Not ability, but friendship. Not merit, but pull. What would happen to the world without those who do, think, work, produce? Those are the egoists. You don’t think through another’s brain and you don’t work through another’s hands. When you suspend your faculty of independent judgment, you suspend consciousness. To stop consciousness is to stop life. Second-handers have no sense of reality. Their reality is not within them, but somewhere in that space which divides one human body from another. Not an entity, but a relation—anchored to nothing. That’s the emptiness I couldn’t understand in people. That’s what stopped me whenever I faced a committee. Men without an ego. Opinion without a rational process. Motion without brakes or motor. Power without responsibility. The second-hander acts, but the source of his actions is scattered in every other living person. It’s everywhere and nowhere and you can’t reason with him. He’s not open to reason.” — Ayn Rand, “For The New Intellectual,” “The Nature of the Second-Hander,” p. 69

14. hap on January 11, 2017 at 12:46

Ryan seems to subscribe to a fundamental leftist premise….ie that if it seems a good idea , process be damned , and cram it down the throat of the populace….with ad hoc assessment that since the CAnadians “like” it (confused with they would not change) it must somehow be salutory…for everyone, everywhere.

Ryan also does not understand the process , or care, how all this came down on top of an unwilling populace. All sleight of hand and arbitrary rules changes. Obama did nothing. He left it to his hatchet men to ram it through a Congress without the vote of a single person in opposition party. That’s the way this program was foisted on the American people….All the while claiming that elections matter and “He won”. What a fascist. Not to mention the manipulative conjurers in think tanks and academics who publically flaunted the stupidity of the American people’s misunderstandings of real purpose and intent. that MIT asshole who gloried in his deceit….so much so that he could not keep his mouth shut in “private”.

then we had to endure a Supreme Court who could not figure out a tax or the compulsory nature of government forcing individuals to purchase a “private” product. (Actually a government designed program disguised with the willing insurance company devil pacts). constitution be damned. The famous quote of Chief Roberts…that he should not be responsible for correcting , in essence, a shitty law of Congress. And then whooosh….high tailed out of town.

In Leftist country……ends count. Means…do not. I live in California …enough said.

15. hap on January 17, 2017 at 22:32

What did you expect anyway? I”d be lucky to sell my house to a nice wealthy Chinese family , happy to educate their children in the best of California’s so called shools….and then flood the UC system. They deserve it though….they have the academic bona fides. Merced for the “others”.

The Trump promise , however, is that no one to lose their “coverage”. Whatever coverage means.

I am affiliated with a former County , now University , hospital which caters to the indigent and Medi CAL. They are losing their shirt.

• thhq on January 18, 2017 at 07:49

Are you seeing any capital improvements or more staff hired in your hospital hap? I see ACA as primarily dollars-for-votes, with health care coming in a distant second. If health care were the primary objective more doctors and better care facilities would have been added over the last 8 years. Maybe there have been and I don’t see it.

• Woodchuck Pirate on January 25, 2017 at 12:18

hap,

Your question has been answered. Apparently the “replacement” bill infecting the senate preserves “coverage” from being “lost”, as it maintains initiation of aggression against individuals (Federal and State tax farm corral livestock), with tax penalty(s) payable to the Treasury and/or the State(s). Details can be found in Tickerguy’s (Denninger) 2 latest posts on his site.

The thoughts behind my eyes question whether Trump is effecting the legislation “planned to fail” defaulting to forced conversation fixating on the necessity of breaking the criminal medical monopoly. After so many years enduring the Obamacare fascism, I no longer care in the immediate perspective, because I’ve effected retrenchment strategies that I do not perceive will require adjustment. I can’t imagine any opportunity arising from a Trump presidency or any continued existence of government at any level. A reduction in the growth rate of fascism is not a diminishing of fascism.

The value I take away from survival despite idiocracy is the opportunity to be amused to death. The best things in life are free. Fuck the GOP, welcome to Costco… I love you.

Woodchuck Pirate
      aka Raymond J Raupers Jr USA

16. hap on January 18, 2017 at 08:57

The pressures now are to layoff staff, cut back operational and capital expenditures. , except maybe for politicians pet projects. Many doctors are foreign or foreign trained. In Hawaii I heard from several patients that they could not find a primary md who they could understand and spent their time trying to complete computer tasks. Most physicians according to verified studies now spend about 37 percent of their time with data entry for government purposes.

Bottom line….the leftist concept of coverage has many hidden and not so salutary costs and bad consequences……and is a fraud perpetrated throughout society.

• thhq1 on January 18, 2017 at 13:03

The big question is whether ACA improved health outcomes. I use a couple of models to predict mine. Framingham, and more recently this one developed by Dr. Perls https://www.livingto100.com So I can make changes and see how I did. But you have to be motivated. In contrast ACA is an autopilot approach, and people are probably not very motivated, but you could plug ACA people’s 2012 numbers in and see if they’re better off today because they had Obamacare.

• thhq1 on January 18, 2017 at 13:06

The big question is whether ACA improved health outcomes. I use a couple of models to predict mine. Framingham, and more recently this one developed by Dr. Perls https://www.livingto100.com So I can make changes and see how I did. But you have to be motivated. In contrast ACA is an autopilot approach, and people are probably not very motivated, b you could plug ACA people’s 2012 numbers in and see if they’re better off today because they had Obamacare.