Is Male Foreskin Paleo or Keto?

The post title is obviously tongue-in-cheek and a bit click bait. But it’s a serious topic.

I find it interesting that circumcision is controversial. It just seems that such a potentially life altering procedure ought to be up to the individual involved.

I ended up in a discussion about it earlier on Facebook, so I did a little digging.

“But cut men don’t know what they don’t know”

Yes, except for the ones who for whatever reason get cut after being intact and having sex. They overwhelmingly report negative experience after. Hard to claim they just don’t know what they’re talking about.

Moreover, many men have undergone restoration (just the skin, can’t restore the 20,000 lost nerve endings) and I haven’t looked into it thoroughly but they report a more positive experience with foreskin.

These men, and women who have been with both, are the only ones with any authority worth listening to on the matter.

After all is said and done, what really matters is the science, and the science says that nearly all men who get cut later in life regret it. Moreover, women who have been with both report 1) they achieve vaginal intercourse orgasm twice as often (60% vs. 30%) with uncut, 2) get wetter, 3) experience less discomfort, 4) have more multiple orgasms, 5) have multiple orgasms in more encounters, and 6) have intercourse that lasts 50% longer.

Whether evolution or “God’s” creation, seems there’s damn good reason to be intact.

The effect of male circumcision on the sexual enjoyment of the female partner

BJU International (1999), 83, Suppl. 1, 79–84 K. O’HARA and J. O’HARA

An excerpt:

These results show clearly that women preferred vaginal intercourse with an anatomically complete penis over that with a circumcised penis…

Seems kinda clear to me.

Elixa Probiotic is a British biotech manufacturer in Oxford, UK. U.S. Demand is now so high they’ve established distribution centers in Illinois, Nevada, and New Jersey.

Still, sell-outs happen regularly, so order now to avoid a waiting list.

1. Samuel Nock on July 13, 2018 at 22:43

Richard: You’re going to like this one. Says it all about grrrll power and circumcision.

2. Mycroft Jones on July 13, 2018 at 16:39

I was cut as an adult, after having sex. Had sex with the same woman before and after. No difference in feeling or enjoyment. I know what I’m missing. Nothing. Sex is good.

• Richard Nikoley on July 13, 2018 at 17:12

No worries, to each his own. On the other side of the thing, it might be one criteria to ask a female partner eventually. Her preference.

• Mycroft Jones on July 13, 2018 at 18:07

When the women consistently finish first, and initiate by coming over to my place, a lot is implied; never thought to explicitly ask them.

• Jerry on August 23, 2018 at 18:54

Adult circumcision is much different that neonatal circumcision. In an adult, the penis has stopped developing, and the urologist knows exactly where the erogenous tissue begins and ends. He will make every effort to spare it. In babies, it’s hard to tell. They use a clamp, rather indiscriminately. Much more erogenous tissue is lost.

3. Ian Weeks on July 13, 2018 at 19:46

Hey, Richard…
    Nice to see one of your more “interesting” blogs – keep it up. Personally, it’s hard to miss what you never (consciously) had, but I would prefer to have been able to decide for myself whether some strange adults removed the end of one of the (“the” ?) most import organs of my body, just because of some strange religious rituals they believed in, or even stranger medical advice they were given. BUT – even though we evolved with it, we have been cutting it off for thousands of years, almost since civilization developed, perhaps even when we were truly “paleo” – how come? Maybe we should also re-consider trepanning and skull-binding of infants to produce conical skulls?

4. fearless on July 13, 2018 at 19:47

Why am I seeing an advertisement that shows a banana with a half peeled skin in the middle of your article? Is it possible the advertisement bots at Google are developing a sense of humour?

5. Richard Nikoley on July 13, 2018 at 22:18

You know what about my favorite thing in the world is, Allison?

Chics who are good sports.

6. David Major on July 14, 2018 at 20:09

Taking this research and the conclusions at face value regarding the sexual satisfaction of men circumcised later in life raises an question that must be answered: Namely, does circumcision later in life effect men differently than men circumisized when they are young, especially before puberty?
    I don’t know the answer, obviously, but my guess is that “yes, it makes a difference”, most likely due to brain plasticity as one develops and how nerve endings that have been affected , vs not been affected by adolescence. But this is just a guess…

As for the allegations that women enjoy uncut men better, I would take that with a grain of salt, perhaps even a whole salt mine. . I’ve had some pretty candid conversations with lovers, past and present, and not one has said that uncut men are better. (And these are mostly blunt women, espicially the the ex’s; I’m pretty sure they would “give it to me with both barrels” if they preferred uncut. But take what I’m say also with a grain salt on this issue: It is, after all, n=1 and subject to outliers, random walks, and bias and individuals not being as candid with me as I might hope would be…

• Richard Nikoley on July 14, 2018 at 20:51

Well, the first part is kinda masturbatory. You’re essentially saying “if you mutilate someone sexually early enough, their brains will work around it.”

Secondly, what value are you actually arguing for?

Why not say “all males should have the foreskin of their penesis cut off shortly after birth.

State your argument explicitly, then make a case for it.

• David Major on July 14, 2018 at 21:14

In the first part I am thinking like a scientist. An observation has been made, a conclusion has been reached, but on an incomplete hypothesis that did not take all potential observations and results into consideration. Essentially, what I’m saying is that what has been presented this far is not sufficient to demonstrate that men circumcised early in life are less sexually satisfied than men who were not.

The value I am actually arguing for is science based on complete observations that properly considers all relevant phenomena and does not attempt to inappropriately extend data and conclusions to completely different contexts.

• Richard Nikoley on July 14, 2018 at 23:36

When do I get your scientific proposition that male infants need to have 30% of their penis skin cut off?

You’ve gotten yourself into a prickle because you don’t even realize that you’re arguing from an untenable position. It only takes one single male and female to say what in the fuck, just leave it all alone.

In other words, you’re dumb. You don’t understand core logic.

Now, go make the AFFIRMATIVE case for cutting of 30% of an infant’s penis skin.

• David Major on July 14, 2018 at 23:48

Insults from you notwithstanding, my point still stands: You cannot extend hypothesis and data beyond what was actually tested to a completely different context: Before puberty and after puberty.

And nope. That does not imply that I believe infants should be circumcised, either to test a hypothesis or as a cultural norm.

There is a difference between pointing out the limits of a hypothesis and it’s data set and actually believing or advocating that data set and hypothesis should actually be extended.

• Richard Nikoley on July 14, 2018 at 23:56

You are not getting this right David.

The fact of circumcision is irrelevant. We have data as to its “efficacy” both ways. Anyone can get a grant and do an official publication called a scientific study. Perhaps we agree there.

But still, nobody is addressing two things:

1. Why not let males choose for themselves?

2. Why subject females to a forced process where if they prefer a natural penis, it’s difficult to find, especially given all the other complex sexual selection criteria they have to deal with?

You have endeavored to shoot down an argument that didn’t exist. I was merely falsifying in advance. Popper fan.

• David Major on July 15, 2018 at 00:30

I completely agree with both points 1) and 2).

And yes, I was being too punctilious; I have a tendency to do that when I start questioning the limits of hypothesis and data sets…

Popper’s Falsifiaction is indeed a very powerful tool. I’ve always enjoyed Thomas Kuhn and his views on how science actually evolves (advances) as paradigm shifts.

• Richard Nikoley on July 15, 2018 at 10:54

Two thumbs up.

7. David Major on July 14, 2018 at 20:20

Also, this;

RESULTS: Only 2.9% (13/455) of women reported less sexual satisfaction after their partners were circumcised; 57.3% (255/455) reported no change in sexual satisfaction and 39.8% (177/455) reported an improvement in sexual satisfaction after their partner’s circumcision. There were no statistically significant differences in sexual satisfaction before and after partner’s circumcision by age, religion and education status.

From here:

But I would take this with a grain of salt, too.

• Richard Nikoley on July 14, 2018 at 20:55

So what you’re saying is that all males should have 30% of their penis skin cut off shortly after birth.

Right?

This is the value you are acting for.

Imagine if there was no such idea as this, and you came up with it and wanted to sell it to the world.

• David Major on July 14, 2018 at 21:23

Actually, my point was that there is research out there that alleges the opposite of the research you presented.

Modern research is a crapshoot.

I have worked in academic labs as a physicists. I have seen how they are…

Personally, I do not think children should be circumcised; I think it should be up to a fully consenting and informed adult.

• Richard Nikoley on July 14, 2018 at 23:44

I saw this after drafting my reply to your last, but before I posted it.

This gave me a moment of pause but then I thought, he can take it.

Look, man, we need a solid affirmative, science-based, reproducible deal that calls for circumcision. And it’s fucking unlikely because circumcision was invented by fucking desert folk and sheepherders and whoever else thousands of years ago as some sort of whacked-brain religious ritual for God only knows what.

What I don’t get is the imperative to perform it when infants, and not let them just do it later, on their own. Who can argue against that?

• David Major on July 14, 2018 at 23:54

Richard, one of the things a really appreciate about you is you are willing to call people on their bullshit and not not mince words while doing so. So, yes, I can take it. It actually makes me pause more and question myself more, so thank you for that.

I don’t understand the imperative to do it on infants either. Frankly, it is rather barbaric, and missy that as a circumcised male who loves his parents.

• David Major on July 14, 2018 at 23:56

Ufff… damn autocorrect. That last sentence should read “…and I say that as a circumcised male who loves his parents.”

8. Ivan on July 14, 2018 at 23:16

I’m pretty scared cause at 31, I have a progressing lichen sclerosus on my frenulum and foreskin and sooner or later I must part with them completely… they are already pretty numb from all the scarring and to be honest, I can now finish only with my brain – no amount of physical stimulus could do it. I pretty much feel nada down there (for example, only warm/cold feeling from a BJ, no pleasure at all). I imagined that’s how circumcised men feel, but giving it a second thought – if you don’t know otherwise, I think it’s a totally different story…

9. Daniel F on July 15, 2018 at 21:59

This presentation by Stefan Molyneux made me to a 180 on circumcision. I was never “pro”; I just never cared one way or the other. I now realize that is a view derived from total ignorance.

It is an absolute crime. No way it should be allowed.

10. wallycat on July 15, 2018 at 20:28

Have had both and enjoyed both…skilled loving men (nice girth is always welcome) are more important than equipment when all is said and done.
    Religion aside, my limited info was that circumcision has health/medical benefits regardless of religion or sexual aspects.

11. John on July 19, 2018 at 22:28

Thanks for finally bringing this up.

I want to be clear….. I don’t care what any woman thinks, one way or another, about circumcision, when it comes to a male.

It happened to me as an infant. It’s genital mutilation. I never consented to this. Nor, did I have any lawyer make a case on my behalf. Not like that that would make it right, anyway.

Flat out, it is wrong. You are mutilating another human being, without their input, for life.

Oh! And there is a small chance you could be ending their life. There is like a 1 in a million chance an otherwise healthy baby could die, due to hemophilia.

1 in a million doesn’t seem like a huge number…. until you realize it is utterly avoidable. Then…. there is 0 reason to take the risk. All for what? Leaving someone mutilated and humiliated for the rest of their life?

I used to consider myself pretty pro choice, but have thought a lot about it, and am much more pro life now than at any other point in my life. But I still understand the debate.

There is no debate about infant circumcision. Either you respect other human beings and their bodies……. or you don’t. And if you don’t…. well, I don’t care who you are, I hate you, and you deserve every horrid thing that is coming to you.

And thanks, Richard, for always going where others fear to go.

12. Michael R. on September 25, 2018 at 05:53

Richard, thanks for posting this. This is a subject which far too many Americans are “stuck on stupid” about.
    By the way, I once heard someone say, “religion and circumcision are alike in one respect: if you wait until a child turns 21 to introduce them, almost nobody chooses either.”
    Thanks for your posts. Whether I agree or disagree, you always challenge my thinking.